DARK MODE for healthy eyes.

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
LonelyNights

DARK MODE for healthy eyes.

Post by LonelyNights »

Please add the dark mode theme, it really hurt my eyes switching to the white windows of qbittorrent, i have an lcd panel that has hdr, and ussually i watch videos or play videogames that are non-hdr, so i chose a little bit of more peak brightnes to it around 500 nits (monitor is capable of 800nits and 1000 nits peak) in order to be able to see things in movies or games, then when i switch to qbittorrent, it goes blinding white upto its maximum, and i cant controll the brightnes of the monitor manually so i have to almost wear sun glases, because everything else on my computer is in a dark theme, and i have no issues at all with every other program, even chrome has an experimental plugin that makes everythin in dark mode, so please help the comunnity by adding, the darkmode, I always work and reccomend qbittorrent to family and friends, in order to transfer ourselves videos, pictures or music(hdmusic) in a more secure and private way and efficient (in case of power cuts) and everyone is getting a new computer with an oled display or a better lcd with HDR10 (my case) which if the software is not carefull with the white color, it can actually hurt people and progressivly make harm to the eyes in a permanent way, and is not the fault of hdr monitors itself, its actually software side not being aware of this issue.
Thanks.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: DARK MODE for healthy eyes.

Post by Peter »

There are theming support in qBittorrent for a while now.
You just need to apply a theme.

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... ent-themes
ag008

Post by ag008 »

it would be nice if few themes would be included in installation, they are less than 1Mb in size so it would be nice to change them without mannually downloading them...
vigilantviking

Post by vigilantviking »

None of the dark themes I have tried work in 4.4.2. Please add this as a built-in feature. :)
SpirituS

Post by SpirituS »

All dark themes from the second post work for me in version 4.4.3.1. The program needs to be restarted.