Search Part Of QBittorrent Not Working

Windows specific questions, problems.
jrockbridge

Search Part Of QBittorrent Not Working

Post by jrockbridge »

I'm running QBT version 3.1.9.2 on a Windows 8.1 PC and Python is installed with multiple search engines.  I've been using QBT for years mainly on Linux.  But, I've had QBT on this Windows PC since Dec of last year. 

I've had trouble with the Search part of the program before which usually came down to something with the Windows Firewall or other programs like VPNCheck Pro.  However, I've disabled the Firewall, turned off VPNCheck Pro and even turned off my VPN.  I still can't get the search engines to find anything.  Any search I try with any common name finds nothing at all.  There are no error messages, it just searches for a long time and then returns with nothing found.  Also, I tried doing a reset of DNS but that didn't help. 

What might be causing this problem with search ?  How can I fix the problem?
Last edited by jrockbridge on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Re: Search Part Of QBittorrent Not Working

Post by loki »

Clearly it should work if it has the feature and python is installed (the correct version?) since there's no error message. But why not just use any browser and whatever torrent site you're going to search on?
At least this way it works? And doesn't even require python to be installed.
jrockbridge

Post by jrockbridge »

Loki, it is true that I can search outside of qBittorrent.  In fact, it's often faster to find torrents that way.  However, I like using the integrated search within qBittorrent which avoids the annoying adds and images that are inappropriate for my young son to see. 

I guess if nobody has any ideas, I'll try re-installing qBittorrent.  I was avoiding that because I recall it was a little tricky getting my Socks5 Proxy Server configured.  Also, there were other settings I changed but I suppose if I jot down all settings, I should be fine re-installing.       
zeomal

Post by zeomal »

[quote="jrockbridge"]
However, I like using the integrated search within qBittorrent which avoids the annoying adds and images that are inappropriate for my young son to see.         
[/quote]
That's the reason we have Ad Block Plus and it's various derivatives. This is, of course, if circumventing ads is your primary concern. And if that too fails, use something like Disconnect or Ghostery to prevent advertisement from even being able to load.
jrockbridge

Post by jrockbridge »

Problem Solved....

My Python was the correct version but must have become corrupted.  I uninstalled both qBittorrent and Python just to be thorough.  I reinstalled qBittorrent and when I tried to do my first search, it prompted me to install Python which I did.  Now, everything works as it should.  Also, I notice that it searches much faster now than it had been.     
shelley7

Post by shelley7 »

hey guys.I have a windows 7 with qbittorrent 3.1.8  on my laptop it takes toorents onto a list and it downloads from an outside torrent but those torrents are now banned.I tried using search on it but it doesnt work,i have python downloaded butbi dont know what current python needs to be used with it.can someone please help.thankyou
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

[quote="shelley7"]
hey guys.I have a windows 7 with qbittorrent 3.1.8 
[/quote]
Update to latest version, see if the problem persists.
Link: https://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php

Latest version is 3.3.10