Anonymous Setting

Windows specific questions, problems.
khk4dt5

Anonymous Setting

Post by khk4dt5 »

The Anonymous Mode does not unclick DHT/LSD.
ciaobaby

Re: Anonymous Setting

Post by ciaobaby »

No, it just disables them regardless of your what your settings are.
khk4dt5

Post by khk4dt5 »

Negative your response is incorrect. v3.0.10 freezes DHT/LSD.preventing both from being ticked when anon is enabled. Furthermore enable anon on the current version then enable by ticking  DHT/LSD then go to the tracker tab and the status of both is working not disabled and if the torrent is downloading DHT/LSD.will be pumping data download..
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

v3.0.10 freezes DHT/LSD.
If you use an older version you can expect errors in features that have been updated and/or patched since that version was current.
MrGreg

Post by MrGreg »

Hi khk4dt5,

I recommend you run the 3.2 alpha version that I currently run. This release has anonymous and force proxy settings separated in libtorrent 1.0.+. In this release none of the qB settings are disabled by the anonymous setting. qB lets Libttorrent disable what connections should be disabled. If you are using a VPN, just use the anonymous setting and you are done. If you are using a socks5 proxy, enable anonymous, enable "Use Proxy for peer connections" and "Disable connections not supported by proxies" under Proxy Server settings. Here is the link to the release you should be running...

http://builds.shiki.hu/qbittorrent_3.2.0alpha_20140826_0b8fad69f_setup.exe
Last edited by MrGreg on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
khk4dt5

Post by khk4dt5 »

Thanks MrGreg

That's a reply I can live with!
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Or alternatively if you use the 3.1.x series disable dht/lsd/pex yourself.