Open location folder - doesn't work well

Windows specific questions, problems.
hyperion1is

Open location folder - doesn't work well

Post by hyperion1is »

Hello again!
It's been a while since I last visited this forum.
Anyway: I have Qbittorrent in Romanian language but I hope that I get the terminology right without swithching back to Enlgish.
In settings you have on Behavoir: Action on double click: On completed torrents: Open location folder. This is the default setting, I think. At least this is what I set.
I remember to be worked correctly at some point, but after a while it opens the parrent dirrectory instead of the specific torrent folder.
Ie: My path of a completed torrent: E:\Download\Download\Serial\A***w.S03E01.HDTV.x264-LOL. On double click it opens: E:\Download\Download\Serial\.
Dont know why. Maybe you can help. Maybe I messed something up, but I hope I don't have do to a clean re-install.

Info: Windows 7 x32.
Qbittorent: 3.1.11 but was the same in 3.1.9.2
I use labels and setting "Add label to saving path... something" if relevant.
Other info on demand.
Thanks!
ciaobaby

Re: Open location folder - doesn't work well

Post by ciaobaby »

On double click it opens: E:\Download\Download\Serial\.
That IS the 'location folder', location in this case means "The folder where the payload can be found" which effectively means "The parent folder of the payload" NOT the actual payload itself.
hyperion1is

Post by hyperion1is »

Just to be sure that is no confusion. What I listed above are folders not files. If you will, the complete path is: E:\Download\Download\Serial\Ar**w.HDTV.x264-LOL\ar**w.hdtv-lol.avi
I put some ** in there but it should be clear.
If in qbt should the same behavoir as uTorrent, it should be opening the folder that contains the .avi file, in my case.
Another example:
"English.txt"
"J*e.2013.HDRip.X264.AC3-playXD.mkv"
"playXD.txt"
are files (the payload) of a torrent that are placed in a folder named  "J*e.2013.HDRip.X264.AC3-playXD". Utorrent opens this folder in the path: E:\Download\Download so the compete path is E:\Download\Download\J*e.2013.HDRip.X264.AC3-playXD in my windows explorer addres bar so after double click (in uTorrent) I see the payload, the above listed files.
I have maded as clear I could. More then this only  a screenshot. Let me know if is neccesary.  :)
Please, let me know if you know a solution.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

If in qbt should the same behavoir as uTorrent, it should be opening the folder that contains the .avi file, in my case
"in my case" .... What???
You seem to have missed something out and moved on to a different example.

AND by the way --- if you ARE using a 'Portable' version (as in your signature) this is NOT an 'official' release so cannot be unsupported here.

So on this particular machine I am in front of, I have qBT 3.1.9.2 (Linux Mint 16) running, a double click on a completed task opens Thunar (File manager) exactly where I expect to be;
ie. In the sub folder of the specified download location (multi file torrent) see diagram below
|------------ qBT download location
|
|
---------- payload parent folder <<<<< Here
|
|
| Folders and files of the payload.
hyperion1is

Post by hyperion1is »

Yes ciobaby it is a portable version. I forgot to ask if is suported here. Do you think there will be an official portable version of qbt?
And yes, it's like I said, my qBt opens a little higher "on the folder tree" then it should.
Now that you understand the problem you could at least guess where the culprit is and what is the solution for it? You know, if you would give it a try even if is unsupported.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

No idea, it depends on what the developer of the portable version you are using changed in the source code to make it 'portable'.
hyperion1is

Post by hyperion1is »

OK. Thanks!
hyperion1is

Post by hyperion1is »

Thanks Sledge with the crash, and your welcome, with the debbuging part.
I just wanted to let you guys know that this is still happening, the open folder issue. I don't know if it is a priority.
I added a screenshot.
I forgot how to add the screenshot in line. But it ilustrates:
That save path should have been the same for all those torrents: E:\Download\Serial
The first 2 in list, I don't know why is different.
The torrent with the "Ignore" next to it, it may appear like that becasue I didn't chossed the label "Serial" when addding the torrent.
For most torrents in that list it opens the folder that it should.
For the first 2 and other it opens to: E:\Download\Serial.
Attachments
Screenqbt2.jpg
Last edited by hyperion1is on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

With the alpha builds:
1. Select torrent
2. Go to content button
3. right click on root folder and select open containing folder
hyperion1is

Post by hyperion1is »

OK. This is the only way?
1.Select torrent
2.Right click and open containing folder.
doesn't work?

Sledge, forgive me for asking but you have an ETA for 3.2 "final build" ?
Or can you fix 3.1.11 not to crash? The thing is that I forgot that alpha builds doesn't work on a privte traker that I use.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

You forgot step 2 from my list.
No ETA on v3.2.0.
I don't think I'll make a new v3.1.x release.
hyperion1is

Post by hyperion1is »

OK. Thanks for the info!

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
You forgot step 2 from my list.
[/quote]

I didn't forget step 2. Was another point of view.
"OK. This is the only way? ."yout described method"
But:
1.Select torrent
2.Right click and open containing folder.
"standard method"
doesn't work?"
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Right click torrent-> open destination folder opens the folder in which the torrent resides. In multifile torrents there is always created a folder under the selected path. But that folder is considered as part of the torrent and not part of the "destination" folder. That's why you see different behaviors between your way and my way.