Uploading problem after update from vs 4.1.5 to 4.1.6

Windows specific questions, problems.
Eddie

Uploading problem after update from vs 4.1.5 to 4.1.6

Post by Eddie »

After update to vs 4.1.6, I started getting I/O errors and yellow connection status light. Torrents were still downloading, but not at optimized speeds. After fiddling around with the settings for a while to no avail, I decided to completely uninstall/reinstall vs.4.16. After reinstalling, everything seemed fine. Green connection status light returned, got smoking hot download speeds and no more I/O errors. However, I noticed that qBittorent is no longer uploading any file content. Completed files are seeding but not uploading. Neither is there any uploading of file content to peers during active downloads. OS is Windows 10. Using static IP address and port forwarding as I have been doing for years. I checked all the usual settings and found nothing out of the ordinary. Tried disabling torrent queuing but the issue persisted. In summary, after vs 4.1.6 update, all is well except for the fact that uploading activity came to an abrupt and complete halt. Any ideas?
Eddie

Re: Uploading problem after update from vs 4.1.5 to 4.1.6

Post by Eddie »

Additional information: I've noticed that after resuming a previously paused torrent download, there will sometimes be few seconds of upload activity. Upload speed never gets gets past 14 kbps and then starts dropping back down until reaching zero. This only lasts for 10 to 15 seconds max. Never had this problem until the latest 4.1.6 update. Am i the only one?
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Any chance these are private tracker torrents?

Can you easily back up your settings and torrents and try reverting to a fresh install of qBT v4.1.5?
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... s_settings
https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/top ... l#msg13292 Backup qBT settings!

I'm betting it's a v4.1.6 problem but who knows at the moment?
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Bingo! That did the trick. Uninstalled v. 4.1.6 and reinstalled previous version 4.1.5.

All is working normally now.

I suppose I will wait for 4.1.7 or later to come out before updating again, Lol

Thank-you!
SamQBT

Post by SamQBT »

I have also noticed that no matter how many times i perform the 'update' between 4.1.5 and 4.1.6; it still tells me there is software update avail each time I boot up Qbittorrent - it doesn't seem to take on the new version.

I have tried un installing and deleting all prefs etc.. but still won't seem to stick with the latest 4.1.6

I made sure that the download I was getting was the latest version etc..

any ideas please?

I have also noticed that no matter how many times i perform the 'update' between 4.1.5 and 4.1.6; it still tells me there is software update avail each time I boot up Qbittorrent - it doesn't seem to take on the new version.

I have tried un installing and deleting all prefs etc.. but still won't seem to stick with the latest 4.1.6

I made sure that the download I was getting was the latest version etc..

any ideas please?

- also - have noticed that chrome now opens and additional tab for the bittorent magnet link when clicked on.. where as it used to plug directly into qbt and just start downloading (no additional tab required) - is this a behavioral setting that can be changed or is it a fault with chrome?
Last edited by SamQBT on Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

SamQBT, please try the same steps I gave to Eddie above.
hey

Post by hey »

It's honestly shocking to me, how it is possible that the broken 4.1.6 is still on the download page after 6 weeks. It should have been removed after all its bugs became known.
buratino

Post by buratino »

Any chance you are using Killer NIC or something like that? And/or using the latest 1903 update of Win10?
There are many complaints of bugs in the newest 4.1.6 version and I'm affraid to update ATM. Will wait for future versions. There seems to be no reply from devs to these bug reports.
Shadowmeph

Post by Shadowmeph »

cool I really hope this works. I used to use utorrent then it got bogged down with a bunch of crap then I started using qbittorrent and this worked great until a short while ago when apparently people of some torrent sites couldn't connect to my torrents at first  I thought it was some firewall router things I went through a bunch of stuff then just gave up about a week ago even though my clients shows me seeding the on  different torrent site showed me as not connected so I downloaded and loaded up a .torrent file it it shows a stalled someone suggested on a different post to delete the .ini file for this client but I think that I am just going to try this first I seem tot remember this happening about a year ago with this client so I stopped using it for a while ( and really hated using deluge) came back after a few updates and it started to work I didn't think of doing this . going to give it a try .

Edit
well that didnt work either I went back a couple older versions same issue even on my other PCs and laptops same funny thing is  I haven't changed anything on my router or any new antivirus programs or updates to antivirus. I guess  Iam stuck with Deluge for a while ./
Last edited by Shadowmeph on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamQBT

Post by SamQBT »

This issue (re the versions not updating properly) seems to have been rectified with the latest update.

No one can tell me tho why chrome now opens a new tab when a torrent link is clicked on??
Is this a chrome behavior change or something that can be disabled? The link used to just go direct into qbt when clicked on and commence downloading..