Confused with upload settings

Windows specific questions, problems.
thecog

Confused with upload settings

Post by thecog »

Hi.  I've been reading a bit here on upload settings but still somewhat confused.  My internet is through Spectrum and is Download 117.85 Mbps down and 11.78 Mbps up.  I've included some pics of my settings, how am I doing with these settings?   
Attachments
qbt4.JPG
qbt4.JPG (58.94 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
qbt3.JPG
qbt3.JPG (49.54 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
qbt2.JPG
qbt2.JPG (37.7 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
qbt1.JPG
qbt1.JPG (59.26 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Confused with upload settings

Post by Peter »

You are fine, you should not need to mess around with any default settings whatsoever. They serve just great even at 1gbps upload.
Only thing I would recommend is... if you experience internet dropouts, or serious lag (even without saturating upload), limit the number of connections in settings until you achieve a stable internet connection.

(basically, higher connection count puts more stress on routers and some ISPs (or just folks in general) use very cheap routers.)
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

If you or anyone sharing the internet connection are experiencing slow web surfing (which probably isn't using a LOT of bandwidth itself, other than video streaming or downloading from websites) while qBitTorrent is running...

You may want to set speed limits in qBitTorrent slightly below the max speeds of your connection.
Also try lowering max half open connections in advanced settings.

...But it can also mean your ISP's local node is overloaded, especially during peak weekday evening hours.

I use Scheduler in both qBitTorrent and uTorrent to automatically use much lower max speeds during 5-11 PM hours.
thecog

Post by thecog »

Thank you!  Glad to see I did ok on the settings.  I'll make the suggested changes.