Retaining Data After Format

Windows specific questions, problems.
PurpleKoolAid

Retaining Data After Format

Post by PurpleKoolAid »

Hey folks, I'm upgrading my motherboard and CPU so I'll likely have to reformat Windows.

I couldn't find an answer through Googling, but what I'm looking for is what do I need to backup so I can restore my torrents as is? After the format I'll be re-lettering all my drives the way they are currently so I was hoping there was a way I could backup a folder/file that I could just drop back in afterwards and have qbittorrent back to the way it was.

Hope that makes sense, thanks!
FranciscoPombal

Re: Retaining Data After Format

Post by FranciscoPombal »

- To back up the dowloaded data, just back it up as you would do normally for any other kind of data/files.

- To make it so that qBittorrent "remembers" the transfer list and added torrents, options, etc, backup its settings metadata: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... s_settings

If anything goes south (e.g., some torrents report missing files because you "re-lettered" wrong), you can always try "Set location" or remove the torrents from the client and add them again. As long as you point the save location to where you have the files when adding the torrent again, qBittorrent will simply recheck them, so you won't have to download them again.