How to add downloaded files for seeding after reinstalling windows?

Windows specific questions, problems.
BNibir

How to add downloaded files for seeding after reinstalling windows?

Post by BNibir »

Hi,
For some reason I want to re install windows. But after installation I will not be able to seed them though I will have the files downloaded in my HDD. How can I add them to qbittorrent for seeding? What I mean is I want to seed my downloaded files and connect them to qbittorrent without downloading them all over again. :)
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to add downloaded files for seeding after reinstalling windows?

Post by Nemo »

Copy and save the torrents somewhere that are loaded into your client or the whole backup map at: C:\Users\**\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup. Its hidden so enable "show hidden files" first if needed.

Add your downloaded torrents again after installing.

Point to the right directory where the data is stored and recheck the files.

qBittorrent will start rechecking the downloaded files and will be 100% again if done correctly. From there you can start to seed again.
BNibir

Re: How to add downloaded files for seeding after reinstalling windows?

Post by BNibir »

Nemo wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:43 pm Copy and save the torrents somewhere that are loaded into your client or the whole backup map at: C:\Users\**\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup. Its hidden so enable "show hidden files" first if needed.

Add your downloaded torrents again after installing.

Point to the right directory where the data is stored and recheck the files.

qBittorrent will start rechecking the downloaded files and will be 100% again if done correctly. From there you can start to seed again.
Thanks for replying. What I did at first is, suppose I had downloaded a movie named "Titanic.mp4" which is inside the "Titanic" folder. Then re installed windows and installed qbittorrent client. I have the magnet link of that movie so I simply added that then a pop up window arrives which contains the torrent info and there I can change the location wjere I want to download it. When I select the previous downloaded "Titanic" folder and click start the client starts downloading inside the precious downloaded "Titanic" folder. I clicked on force recheck it checks till 100% and start downloading again.
Now I didn't understand the first part of your comment. I have found "C:\Users\**\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup" this folder. Now what do I have to do with it? and after doing this step what do I have to do with the downloading? Would you please tell me step by step? I will be very grateful tou. :)