.qb! extension, temp folder, writing out, encryption

Windows specific questions, problems.
parker25

.qb! extension, temp folder, writing out, encryption

Post by parker25 »

I recently updated from 4.2.5 64bit to 4.3.0.1 64bit, but first wanted to reset my preferences, and I must have missed exactly where that was in the options. The reason is, is that I wanted qbittorrent to write out to the files every 5 minutes and not every 60 minutes, as I think is the default, but yet even with the every 5 minutes enabled, it didn't seem to actually write out to those files every 5 min. So, I uninstalled 4.2.5, then installed 4.3.0.1 all while disconnected from the web, and the other thing is also I wanted to make sure the .qb! extension was added to my downloaded files. I'm not sure why this is not enabled by default. Or, if importing files from utorrent or what else, that their extension is replaced with qbittorrent's .qb! extension if the file is not done. Why? At least you know when a file is done or not, when not in qbittorrent, and it's annoying when people start seeding a file that actually hasn't finished and then the file is glitchy. But, in updating, when I ran 4.3.0.1 x64, then it's writing files to this temp directory under my profile name. I thought it was weird that all those files were there, so I deleted it all. And now, guess what? Now qbittorrent says that all those files are missing, now at 0.0%!! Lost data! Those incomplete files WERE in the proper save directory, but when 4.3.0.1 started checking them, copying them from a normal .mp4 extension to a .mp4.qb! extension, it started writing into that temp directory instead of leaving the files where they were. Plus, because I'm using veracrypt, it takes a while for qbittorrent to write out the files. I could quit qbittorrent, and it will still be running in the background, writing out data to files still for 30 min! I guess the .parts file is not actually a file that contains parts of the file downloaded? Now I have to go and see how much data I can recover from a backup a month ago. I don't see why bittorrent can't just put a hidden .checking or .temp folder right inside the very directory that I'm using for torrenting, as it does for .unwanted. I also terminated the qbittorrent program along the way, and then went back to running 4.2.5 and then it was "moving" the files too, so then I just went back to 4.3.0.1 and then there's all these "missing files", and when I "force recheck", nothing, and the files are not even in the save directory. Quit messing with my data!!! And when I tell qbittorrent to write out every 5 minutes, then do it, because I don't want to have to wait for 30 min or so after I've closed it for qbittorrent to finish writing the save data. Also, I guess for a boss-key, I can see why it will just run in the background with no qbittorrent logo or no window or nothing if the user quits the program, but still, how long should it take? I don't want to have to wait for 30 min, and then when I go to shut down the computer, finally the screen says that qbittorrent is saving my torrent data, but then Windows will reboot anyways, and sometimes when qbittorrent takes too long to save all that data, next time I load it, it still says "missing files" or "checking". And with encryption, I normally just choose to force encryption, so I am expecting qbittorrent on every machine to send me encrypted data. If a seed or peer has "allow encryption", I still hope that that machine would be sending me encrypted data.