qBittorrent is blocking internet access to browser

Windows specific questions, problems.
udaman19

qBittorrent is blocking internet access to browser

Post by udaman19 »

I have been using qBittorrent for quite a while successfully. But in the last few days, it has been causing some problems. After I open the program and start using it, after a few minutes it blocks the internet access for my browser (Chrome) and does not allow me to access any websites. My browser gives the error message that there is no internet connection and to check firewall settings, etc. At the same time, qBittorrent is working fine downloading, so internet access is still available, just not for my browser. The problem goes away after I close down qBittorrent. I always use qBittorrent with Nord VPN. I don't think Nord VPN is the problem because the Chrome browser works fine with Nord by itself.

I upgraded to the latest version of qBittorrent but it did not help. I noticed during the installation, there was an option for including something like "Use Latest Windows Firewall Rule". I left this box checked. Are there any settings I can change to try and address this issue? Would appreciate any help. Thanks.