can QBT do hash check torrent one after another instead of together?

Windows specific questions, problems.
linocajo

can QBT do hash check torrent one after another instead of together?

Post by linocajo »

Hi,

for some stupid reasons, QBT wants to recheck all my torrents, around 800 of them now.

The problem is that QBT seems run the hash check on all selected torrents simulatenously.
I select all torrents in error
I press resume/force resume/force recheck, (all options would still check the torrents)
QBT appears to recheck all torrents simulatenously, After 30 minutes, I can tens of torrent with check progress of less than 0.5%, moving up very very slowly.

Unfortunately, after some time, the "USB controller" (in the USB3 enclosure or the controller in the computer, I can't tell) would no longer sustain the heavy I/O and all 4 drives in the USB enclosure would disconnect themselves and reconnect immediately after.

all torrents , would change the status to
errored: A device which does not exist was specified
Can I force QBT to run hash check one torrent at a time, or at least one torrent per disk at a time?
I've done some testing the last 2 days and If I recheck more than 8 torrents (it could be less than 8 but didn't test it), the USB controller will fail within an hour.
The PC is a 2019 Lenovo thinkcentre computer.

at this moment, I don't see a solution to seed my 800 torrents again. They are all in the error state.

the only workaround I see is to hash check maybe 4 torrents at a time. but it's not humanly possible to stay at the screen and wait for each batch of 4 torrent to finish their check before I run the next batch.

I think I can ease the workload on QBT and delete about half the torrents as they are many years old and rare so very few people leech them anyway.
FireExit

Re: can QBT do hash check torrent one after another instead of together?

Post by FireExit »

I had a similar problem after exporting my torrents to QBT when switching from uTorrent.

Suddenly had a bunch of torrents that all needed to check, but it looked like they were all competing for IO on my HDD and performance suffered overall.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

The problem is that QBT seems run the hash check on all selected torrents simulatenously.
This is super weird and should not happen. For me, it does it one-by-one. Did it like that always, since forever. Think this could be a bug that you can only trigger in certain situations.
linocajo

Post by linocajo »

I took screenshots. I needed 14 screenshots to have all torrents currently in check.

At least QBT does it aesthetically :D

I have this nice slope of hash-check progress:
screenshot 10 (anything before is just 0% progress)
https://imgur.com/bnRz6JY

screenshot 14 (last page)
https://imgur.com/a/c2jc8wo

Most of them where stuck at 0%, I cancelled most of the hash check and did a hash check by batch of 50 torrents at a time.
It's checking much faster than I expected and I hope all will be done in a 10 days. I'm 70% done now, the pain is amost over.