Set location doesn't work?

Linux specific questions, problems.
Utini

Set location doesn't work?

Post by Utini »

I am on Arch Linux with 3.3.16.
I just moved ~500 Torrents from uTorrent (Windows) to this new machine.
After that I added all the .torrent files and qBittorrent started checking my 3,5TB of data.
After that I noticed that some torrents were at 0%. I knew this would happen as I sometimes do the following:
1. Download .torrent + files from tracker A.
2. Download .torrent from tracker B which sometimes uses different torrent/folder names but contain the same files. Point this .torrent to the location of the files downloaded from tracker A.
3. Force Re-Check
4. It should jump to 100% again.

How ever, with qBittorrent it doesn't jump to 100% and so I started investigating:

1. When I "Set Location" and then "Open Destination Folder" nothing happens (kinda like the destination folder wouldnt exist.. but it does because I just pointed to it with "set location").
2. When "Set Location" on a 100% torrent to a new empty folder -> Force Re-Check will jump to 100% and the files will be moved to the new empty folder?
3. Could it be that "Set Location" doesnt point inside the specific-torrent folder but instead points to the "global download folder"? e.g.:
-> Save Torrents to /mnt/Files/Downloads/
-> "Set Location" to /mnt/Files/Downloads/Archlinux-iso/ <---- wrong
-> Set Location" to /mnt/Files/Downloads <---- correct, but if the .torrent wants to name the torrent specific folder to "Archlinux-latest" instead of "Archlinux-iso" then I won't be able to use the data that was already downloaded to "Archlinux-iso" ?

What I want to do is:
Global download folder is /mnt/Files/Downloads/
Run .torrent A which downloads the files into /mnt/Files/Downloads/Archlinux-iso/
now download .torrent B which is has the same content as .torrent A but with a different name (which wants to download the files into /mnt/Files/Downloads/Archlinux-latest)
Point .torrent B to /mnt/Files/Downloads/Archlinux-iso/ -> Force Re-Check -> 100% without ever downloading anything from .torrent B because the data from .torrent A is the same

I hope I somehow made it understandable :/

Thanks in advance !