No torrents after upgrade to 4.1

Linux specific questions, problems.
ganja1447

No torrents after upgrade to 4.1

Post by ganja1447 »

Hi. I have quite a lot of torrents in my 3.15 qBittorrent client. My system is Debian 9/Stretch and today I decided to try the deb package from http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 36#p681736 since the official packages doesn't seem to be updated in stable, which is understandable.

The issue is, that after upgrading to 4.1.3 the client was empty. None of the torrents in ~/.local/share/data/qBittorrent/BT_backup/ where imported. I removed the upgraded deb and installed the old one again, all torrents are back.

The log file from version 4.1 had almost 700 entries of "Unable to resume torrent". But that's more or less normal (for some, to me, unknown reason). When starting my 3.15 client again I had ~450 of them, but then mixed up with thousands of torrents that it's actually resuming as well.

Anyone have any idea why the upgrade isn't working as it should?
ganja1447

Re: No torrents after upgrade to 4.1

Post by ganja1447 »

Actually, I have been running 3.3.15 with the patch from this thread: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... -277565530

Did that patch never make it into the repository? I am trying to figure out if it has been in Git or not. It doesn't look like it's there now, if it hasn't been solved in a completely other way.

EDIT: Removed 459 files that were referenced as unable to resume. Now I don't get any "unable to resume" in any of the versions. Something must have happened back in 2016. All those were from then, and the torrent files were missing, only had the fastresume.

But still not getting any of the working torrents loaded.
Last edited by ganja1447 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ganja1447

Re: No torrents after upgrade to 4.1

Post by ganja1447 »

Problem "solved". I downgraded to 4.0. This patch seems to be missing from 4.x. I will open a GitHub ticket instead and ask why.

UPDATE: GitHub Issue created.
Last edited by ganja1447 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.