Unable to connect to any seeds/peers

Linux specific questions, problems.
benze

Unable to connect to any seeds/peers

Post by benze »

I'm running qbittorrent in a docker container (linuxserver/qbittorrent (latest)).  My container launches as expected, but none of my torrents are able to connect to any seeds or peers.

I'm launching the container as follows:

docker run --rm --name qb_test -p 8080:8080 -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 6882:6882 -p 6882:6882/udp  linuxserver/qbittorrent

I've also created the appropriate port forwarding mappings in my router to allow port 6882 from the internet to my docker host port 6882. I have further tested the mapping using telnet from a public IP to ensure that I am able to connect qbittorrent in the container; the telnet connection gets established.

At this point, I'm not sure what I have to do to track down this issue. Is this a problem with qBittorrent?  the container? with my docker host configuration?  Networking issue?  Something completely different?

Docker Engine:
CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)
Docker version 18.06.1-ce, build e68fc7a

I see lists of potential peers showing up in the peers tab, but each peer shows up momentarily and then disappears.

Is there any way I can enable logging information somewhere to get a better understanding of what is going on?  Why am I unable to connect to any peer?

If I try to d/l the same torrent from a simple windows machine (using uTorrent), I don't have any issues.  So I'm not sure where my config  (or network) might be broken. 

Can anyone help point me in the right directly?
ReallyCoolName

Re: Unable to connect to any seeds/peers

Post by ReallyCoolName »

No idea, but generally using port 6882 is BAD idea.
Its long time banned on major clients/trackers and probably blacklisted/deprioritize on some ISP's.
Use high port, something like port : 57305