qBittorrent uploading at 600-700KiB/s when my limit is set at 100KiB/s

Linux specific questions, problems.
chaoticbeliever

qBittorrent uploading at 600-700KiB/s when my limit is set at 100KiB/s

Post by chaoticbeliever »

I'm running Arch Linux.

uname -a -> Linux [REMOVED HOSTNAME] 4.19.2-arch1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Nov 13 21:16:19 UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

qBittorrent version v4.1.3 64bit.

This started after a recent full system update. I've used this software for about a year. Kudos to you developers! It took me a minute to find a good linux torrent client. Keep up the good work.

And that's about it. I've checked all related settings. I hadn't changed them before/after the update anyway. I'm sure it's not on an alternative upload speed. It clearly shows in the bottom-right that it's set at 100KiB/s. Even if I did screw up (I didn't) and enable alternative speeds, they're set at 1/10 my normal speeds.

I don't mind sharing. I love the torrent system. At times like now however I've about 0.8TB of downloads remaining and during these times I like to keep my upload at 100k or lower. Like many places my upload speed utilizes about 8x the bandwidth of my download making these uploads take a good majority of my speed.

Any thoughts? And thanks again to the devs. I'm a coder myself. I'm sure you all put a good bit of solid work into this. I'm not a complainer. This is more just curiousness. I'm capable of patience but at the same time I'm one of those that don't like not being able to figure something out :D
Switeck

Re: qBittorrent uploading at 600-700KiB/s when my limit is set at 100KiB/s

Post by Switeck »

Under qBitTorrent's settings, Options, Speed section...

1.Is "Apply rate limit to uTP protocol" checked?

2.Is "Apply rate limit to peers on LAN" checked?