NFS mount problems on Ubuntu

Linux specific questions, problems.
jst68

NFS mount problems on Ubuntu

Post by jst68 »

I have just installed QBittorrent on Ubuntu 20.04 and it works fine when I am storing torrents locally. However, I want to use an NFS mount to store my torrent files. So, I have created a mount directory (changed owner ship and access to my user and 777). Then I updated FSTAB to mount the directoy at boot. Once I reboot, my mount can be accessed from the desktop and I can read and write files.

Then I updated QBittorrent with the new directory. Here I noticed the following: When I click Browse, my directory does not show up. I am not sure why that is, but I thought I should mention it.

Anyhow, I just manually enter my directory and add a torrent. Once it starts downloading, it goes into stalled and the error log shows the following: File error alert. Torrent: <FILENAME> error: Read-only file system.

I am puzzled. Why can QBittorrent not write its torrent data to the mount directory?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
jst68

Re: NFS mount problems on Ubuntu

Post by jst68 »

I continued some testing today and found that the same problem happened when I tried using a CIFS mount.

Then I decided to uninstall the Snap version and installed the latest version directly from the repository. It started working without making any additional changes.

So, there is something funky going on with the Snap version.

Hope this will help others!