qBittorrent Controller for Android

Other platforms, generic questions.
lgallard

Re: qBittorrent Client for Android

Post by lgallard »

Hi Seedthis,

Thanks for your comments...qBittorrent Client for Android has evolved a lot as you said, and I'm still considering new features for future releases. For instance, there are many people asking the RSS downloader feature (but I would rather interact with the RSS on the PC, but it's not available on the WebUI API).

qBittorrent Client for Android manages other options (compared to Transdroid) because it's focused on qBittorrent only. Transdroid tries to embrace all torrent "servers", therefore it can't cover all features for qBittorrent (or all versions: 2.x, 3.1.x and 3.2.x) and sometimes you see weird torrent status that don't match with what qBittorrent reports (again, because no all torrent servers handles status the same way). Those were my main reasons for developing my own qBIttorrent Android app.

Best regards!
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Going good mate, keep up the great work.
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

You are welcome my friend Nemo...
Release 3.9.1

Free
  • Fixed crash when launching in Portuguese (Brazilian)
Free & Pro
  • Fixed padding in torrent item row
  • Remove "Sort by" in torrent's details phone version

Available on:

Google Play: qBittorrent Client Pro  / qBittorrent Client Free
GitHub: qBittorrent Client Free
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

Release 3.9.2

Free & Pro
  • Fixed http requests to avoid violation of the HTTP specification. It fixes connecting to nginx as reverse proxy issue
Enhoy  8)

Available on:

Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Thanks, works great mate. Been using it for a while now.
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

I'm glad to hear that one of this forum's administrator is using the Android application  ;D

Thanks Nemo for using the app!
tipy4

Post by tipy4 »

This looks really good, but what does "set your qBittorrent server's settings and account" mean? I put my tablet's IP in the "connection host" bit and entered a username and a password where it says. It says "The Host or IP address could not be reached". Help!
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

@tipy4: You misunderstood the application a bit.
qBittorrent Client is an open source application for handling qBittorrent servers (web UI).
If you have qBittorrent running on your PC, or your Raspberry PI, or NAS, or your server... whatever.
Then you can use this application to control qBittorrent on the other device.

It's a remote control - kind of thing.
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

As Peter said, the application is for controlling your qBittorrent server (Web UI) from your Android device, so you have to fill in the fields with your qBittorrent server data: IP address or hostname, port, username, password, etc.

You can read the online documentation here https://github.com/lgallard/qBittorrent-Client/wiki

There you can read these pages:
Best regards!
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

Release 3.9.3

Free & Pro
  • Changed default qBittorrent server version in settings. New default value is 3.2.x.

Available on:

Seedthis

Post by Seedthis »

Did anything change in terms of self-signed certificates for SSL WebUI? I ask that because since i updated to qBittorrent v3.2.0 and qBittorrent Client Pro 3.9.3, i can't access the WebUI. Your app throws two consecutive messages : "connection error" then "authentification failure" (translated from french).

If i switch to http, it works right away. I tried to connect to the SSL WebUI using an Android browser (Boat) and it worked too, i only got a warning about the certificate not signed by a recognized authority. My certificate has no passphrase and was created with OpenSSL 1.0.2a and this guide : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/ssl/ss ... l#selfcert.

Oses :

Windows 8.1 x64 with latest updates
Android 4.4 (Galaxy Note N7000), rom is Dirty Unicorns 8.2 (Cyanogen 11 base).
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

The new authentication method is a little tricky. Try first logging in the web ui from your device. Then close and remove the app from the Android list of app. Then try again.

Please keep me posted.
Seedthis

Post by Seedthis »

[quote="lgallard"]
The new authentication method is a little tricky. Try first logging in the web ui from your device. Then close and remove the app from the Android list of app. Then try again.

Please keep me posted.
[/quote]

Tried that right now, same authentification failure with qBittorrent Client. Plain http doesn't work too. Everything is working from any android browser though :-\.
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

Then I have to check all again, because it worked with 3.2.0 alpha.

When ready I will release a fix.

Thanks for reporting the issue!
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

Release 3.9.4

Free & Pro
  • Fixed authentication issue with qBittorrent version 3.2.0
Note: You might need to restart your qBittorrent server (webui) because your device might be blocked due to the failed attempts.

Available on: