Warning: If you're using a VPN or proxy...

Other platforms, generic questions.
armel132

Re: Warning: If you're using a VPN or proxy...

Post by armel132 »

[quote="Switeck"]
The NAT-PMP requests may be received by your router as well as the distant proxy's gateway.
If the router forwards qBT's listening port...qBT may receive traffic on that port from your router.

qBT is supposed to ignore traffic from "outside" the VPN+proxy, but sometimes it does not do so...such as when the VPN and/or proxy goes down.
[/quote]s this a Mac, Linux, or Windows PC? (there's forum sub-sections for each type of qBitTorrent -- and the problem is probably specific to the OS...)
armel132

Re: Warning: If you're using a VPN or proxy...

Post by armel132 »

[quote="Demonocracy"]
[quote="Cagrubis"]
These are some very valid concerns. I look at VPNs that support port-forwarding very suspiciously. I personally use Surfshark and while it doesn't support it, it has some rapid speeds, especially for torrents.
[/quote]

Valid concerns, a little bit too hard for my brain, but will research these topics over the weekend. By the way, I'm using Surfshark too, the speed is, as you say, rapid, and I read here on medium a good overall review on it. So far satisfied with this software.
[/quote]I am using Avast and never have had this sort of problem. It allows me to set complete privacy and I feel free to use it, browse any web, anything like torrenting. You can also read and learn more about in this Avast VPN review - https://www.vpnranks.com/avast-secureline-vpn-review/