Client whitelisting

Other platforms, generic questions.
Kiyiko

Client whitelisting

Post by Kiyiko »

Just a note for private torrent tracker users who are upset about the removal of spoofing features in 2.3.0+

Today qBittorrent was whitelisted on what.cd.
As far as I know they are the first to allow the client, and should be the first major step in widespread acceptance on private sites.

If you are on a private tracker, feel free to contact staff about whitelisting qBittorrent, as there should be no reasons not to allow it now.
nevernow

Re: Client whitelisting

Post by nevernow »

I just did, and I was scolded (official warning and forum post deleted) because someone else had already requested it. This way they will never know whether there's 1 or 100.000 people wiliing to use a certain client. Again, I do blame tracker admins rather than qbittorent developers, but that's how it works.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

It's also whitelisted (also recommended) on nCore (some of them may have heard about it but I guess it's still an unknown site for the rest of the world.)
fbar

Post by fbar »

Admins won't whitelist it on freshon.tv (quote from their forum: "use Deluge, qbittorrent will not be added in the near future").
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

You can find a howto on this forums howto add client spoofing into qBittorrent again. ;)