trackers suddent not connecting

Other platforms, generic questions.
teedoff65

trackers suddent not connecting

Post by teedoff65 »

Been using qBittorrent for months now. For some reason, as of this past weekend, my client will not connect to any tracker I use. I have the Connection Status Offline in the clients bottom tool tray.

I run a VPN desktop client, and have port forwarding set up. That port is entered in qBittorrent's settings.

Nothing has really changed in my settings for qBittorrent  or my VPN for months, so not sure whats going in. I uninstalled qBittorrent  yesterday, and installed a version of uTorrent, and I was able to connect just fine. I also uninstalled qBittorrent  and installed an older version of qBittorrent  and still would not connect. I have been running the latest version of qBittorrent  and maybe it was updated in the last week or so.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Not sure what kind of info or log files anyone would need from me, but let me know and I can paste them. Thanks in advance!
Switeck

Re: trackers suddent not connecting

Post by Switeck »

Have you tried backing up qBitTorrent's settings in a "safe" place...then testing qBitTorrent with "clean" settings?
teedoff65

Post by teedoff65 »

No, I havent done that. The private tracker i use has specific guidelines on torrent client settings and as far as I can see, none of the settings have changed. But none of the public trackers i sometimes use work either.

I've been able to install two older versions on other torrent clients...uTorrent and bitTorrent, and both of them work as well.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Please keep a backup copy of your qBitTorrent settings and try with clean settings then.

qBitTorrent/libtorrent devs might be interested in them if they are to blame for trackers no longer working.

...at least it's working now.
Last edited by Switeck on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
teedoff65

Post by teedoff65 »

Well for some reason my backup didnt save. I uninstalled qbittorrent completely then reinstalled and re set all my settings. Its working now I believe.