Other platforms, generic questions.
Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:07 pm
I've been torrenting with a VPN for a few days, and I followed Mullvad's recommendations to leech and seed more anonymously.
So I changed my client settings from this:
- DHT and PeX, not anonymous
- Traffic goes through proxy (peer discovery too)
And it led to a significant speed reduction for seeding.
Here's an image of my speeds with and without proxy.
Is it normal? Or is there some setting I can change in order to achieve the same speeds?
- Posts: 1645
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:14 pm
That is due to..
1) Mullvad servers may be overloaded / they might be not as fast as PIA.
2) I don't exactly understand why you'd need to use a proxy, when you are on VPN.
3) Same with the DHT/PeX/anonymous stuff, if you are on VPN this makes absolutely no sense. Disabling UTP makes no sense either. Since on a VPN your traffic 100% goes through the VPN, thus it's always "safe" to use anything really.