[official]qBittorrent 3.0.11 installer - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qbt 2.8.5 **msvc2008 build**

Post by Nemo »

Great sledge thanks ;), imma test the new beta. Btw is there any changelog available?

Edit: I can't tick Announce to all trackers option, it stays blank.
Last edited by Nemo on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

@skrech
Could you use the 2.9.0beta1 and tell me if it still exists?
The v2.8.5+ I re-uploaded should have fixed the problem :S

@NeMo_0
Confirmed. I'll see what I can do.

Any thoughts on the new "remember last folder option"? Some discussion about the implementation with Christophe is found here. Please, you the users, share your thoughts here or at the merge request.
skrech

Post by skrech »

Unfortunately, the bug still exists in 2.9.0beta :(
Candoris

Post by Candoris »

2.9 b1 working fine here, just when the disk is full it gives error message dialogue with i/o etc long text, while it should say "disk full, can't write".
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

2.8.5 on Windows XP with 35mbps up, stable for days/weeks.
skrech

Post by skrech »

sledgehammer_999, could you upload a build of the new beta? :)
Tomaso

Post by Tomaso »

There's a setup.exe for the RC1 build up at SourceForge now.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

In case I didn't mention it here already:
I have access to the sf.net project now. I will upload builds of new releases there. Also I will regularly build git master and upload the installers to the 'qbittorrent-unstable' folder on sf.net
Tomaso

Post by Tomaso »

Good to hear, sledge!
Do you know if Dib has quit for good, or will he still be uploading builds from time to time?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Currently I am the official windows maintainer. I'll upload only msvc builds, until(if I ever do) I fix the io problems that mingw produces.
I don't know Dib's status, but from what Christophe told me "he is unreachable". He either lost interested or is too busy with real life/work.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
In case I didn't mention it here already:
I have access to the sf.net project now. I will upload builds of new releases there. Also I will regularly build git master and upload the installers to the 'qbittorrent-unstable' folder on sf.net
[/quote]

Nice. :)
s4nder

Post by s4nder »

The 2.9.0rc1 build seems to fix memory leak issues with Windows caching, but now it appears there is no caching being done at all. RAMMap doesn't show any torrent files in standby memory when seeding. As caching is meant to reduce disk use, in the long term, some type of caching done by qBt itself should be implemented.

Great work though, I'm now using qBt instead of uT as my main torrent client again.
Last edited by s4nder on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

@s4nder yes that *is* the fix. Disabling the OS's cache because Windows sucks at it. The problem was with libtorrent not *actually* disabling it. But you say some form of caching is needed. I was under the impression that libtorrent had it's caching for this purpose...

If you don't mind could you perform some more tests, so I can talk with Christophe about it. Or if you are kind enough open a bug in launchpad. Could you test if the no-caching happens when seeding only or affects downloading too? It would be idiotic to write data as soon as they are downloaded.
s4nder

Post by s4nder »

I don't think it's a problem if libtorrent has its own caching system after all. Turns out torrent files don't show up in RAMMap's standby memory file list when using uTorrent either. They're there but they only take up roughly 64 kB of memory each. Maybe that's how proper caching works. When Windows handled it, files in active and standby RAM took up gigabytes of memory.
Rastaman

Post by Rastaman »

Adding a list of changes/fixes per release would be nice :P