Password on maximize

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
independent

Password on maximize

Post by independent »

I suggest to let user set password on qbittorrent maximize from tray :) Thank you.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Password on maximize

Post by Peter »

Just go to the Launchpad bugtracker and open a new ticket with the title of "[Wishlist] Password on.." and so on. Write down detailed what you want and guess they'll implement it sooner or later (usually sooner, which makes the team and the client awesome).
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

This is an interesting idea :)

There would be other (more usual ways to do it though). For example, adding a LOCK button in qBittorrent UI, that would lock and iconify the window. Then you would need to provide a password to unlock and restore the window. What do you think about this? Would this is suitable?

This way, it only locks when you choose to, and not anytime you minimize/iconify the window.
independent

Post by independent »

Yes, maybe it is even better :)
independent

Post by independent »

I wrote this idea to the launchpad :)
alakay

Post by alakay »

Hi there!

Could you explain me
how I could change the password, if I forgot it? :D
Is there any way to do it without reinstalling?
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

alakay> Check your private messages. If you did not receive it, please contact me directly by mail (chris <at> qbittorrent <dot> org).
pmourier42160

Post by pmourier42160 »

Hello,
when i start using qbittorrent , it is locked and asks a password to unlock. Where can i find this password ? Thanks
sign

Post by sign »

What operating system do you use?
If you are the owner you should be able to remove the qBittorrent UI password with this documentation: I forgot my UI lock password