[official]qBittorrent 3.0.11 installer - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[official]qBittorrent 3.0.11 installer - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Link to 3.0.11 post-> http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topi ... ml#msg7428

*****ORIGINAL POST BELOW****

Here is qBittorrent 2.8.5 built with MSVC 2008 express.

link1->http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1IAH9GM0
link2->http://www.mediafire.com/?g3m8acd0wn6x53c

Libraries's version used:
Libtorrent: 0.15.7
Qt: 4.7.4
Boost: 1.47.0
Last edited by sledgehammer_999 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ironcross

Re: qbt 2.8.5 **msvc2008 build**

Post by ironcross »

Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Thanks sledge :).
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

I will upload another version from the v2_8_x branch since it has fixed an important issue for Windows WebUI.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

I have changed the links of the first post.
MadCow

Post by MadCow »

I may be unfamiliar with proper uninstallation procedures for Qbittorrent, but I am still having the I/O problem.  I had it in 2.3, then I upgraded to 2.4 then 2.5 and still have the same problem.  I'm will to try a "clean" install as I've seen some mention, but I'm not sure how to accomplish that without losing track of the statuses of the torrents I've started.  I've got 1 torrent stuck at 99.9% and as it's a 42Gb file, I'm not very interested in losing what I already do have downloaded.  Any thoughts or help on this is appreciated.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="MadCow"]
I may be unfamiliar with proper uninstallation procedures for Qbittorrent, but I am still having the I/O problem.  I had it in 2.3, then I upgraded to 2.4 then 2.5 and still have the same problem.  I'm will to try a "clean" install as I've seen some mention, but I'm not sure how to accomplish that without losing track of the statuses of the torrents I've started.  I've got 1 torrent stuck at 99.9% and as it's a 42Gb file, I'm not very interested in losing what I already do have downloaded.  Any thoughts or help on this is appreciated.
[/quote]

Copy the folder BT_backup located at:

Code: Select all

C:\Users"your account"\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup
Then you can add again your torrents from this folder. Set again the same directory for download and qBittorrent will check them and continue seeding or downloading.
But first wait for others to say something, maybe they will have other ideas.
loki

Post by loki »

I would really suggest waiting until that large file is 100% done unless you're saying you can't because of the I/O error. The most you'll actually lose would be having it automatically re-check that big of a torrent which would likely take a while.

Following this procedure you shouldn't lose the torrents' status if you follow these steps. Make sure qBittorrent is already closed before these steps.

1. Backup the folder found above (usually C:\"your account"\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup)
2. Delete the entire folder (C:\"your account"\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\)
3. Uninstall (old) qBittorrent
4. Install (new) qBittorrent
5. Before running, restore the file you backed up (C:\"your account"\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup)

Also, on my qBittorrent install I have a qBittorrent folder with significant data in C:\"my account"\AppData\Roaming\qBittorrent\.
Earlier, in another thread it was reported the file that is suspect of causing the I/O error is (Appdata/Local/qbittorent/cache/ses_state) deleting it BEFORE launching qBittorrent will allow downloading torrents just fine.
MadCow

Post by MadCow »

I tried all of your steps Loki and I still run into that I/O error.  And yes, I can't finish that large file because that last .1% is the part that's throwing several I/O errors.  It looks to be a couple files that's doing it.  I originally was just going to ignore it and deal with what I've got, but I started another torrent file that's smalle and it started throwing the same I/O errors at only 3.3% in so now I came looking for a hopeful solution.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Can you post the exact message that is displayed in the "execution log"? (omitting the torrent name of course)
This is far fetched, but could it be that your hard disk is failing?
loki

Post by loki »

That is more likely, that it is a different I/O message than the infamous one that most of us were getting.

Or, so more bases are covered, that the disk is running out of room? Or is it trying to write a file larger than 4GB on FAT32 volume?
Last edited by loki on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadCow

Post by MadCow »

Where will I find the execution log?  Or is it just the popups that spam my monitor and you want that exact message?  I won't say it's "definitely not" my hard drive, but I would find it very unlikely since it's brand new and less than 2 months old.

Edit:  To answer Loki's questions, I'm running Win 7 32bit and I'm unsure of how large the particular files are but my volume is NTFS and I don't think the files will be larger than 4GB since there's only .1% remaining on the download that's only 41GB
Last edited by MadCow on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

@MadCow

1.View->Execution Log
2.Does your disk/volume/partition have enough free space left?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Here is a build of git master(2.9.0beta1) with a commit from my repo that is going to be merged soon.

Check out the new tab in the About window.
From my repo: Option to remember the last folder used. There is a checkbox for that in the Torrent Addition Dialog. Please review. Do you think it makes sense to put the checkbox in there? Should this option appear somewhere else instead?

link1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=80JCPBAU
link2: http://www.mediafire.com/?7vb4cqgycjyyqbp

Sidenote: I now have access to the project's sf.net page. Builds of official releases will be uploaded there in the future.
skrech

Post by skrech »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
I will upload another version from the v2_8_x branch since it has fixed an important issue for Windows WebUI.
[/quote]

By that you mean that this bug is fixed? - https://bugs.launchpad.net/qbittorrent/+bug/830565

Because with 2.8.5 the problem still exist. I've just tested it.