Vpn Adapter and security

Windows specific questions, problems.
PhIV

Vpn Adapter and security

Post by PhIV »

Hello there !  :)

First, great soft very clear et simple of use! and sorry if this subject has been solved before.

I used a VPN (ipvanish), that installed an adapter named "Ethernet 2". When The vpn is running, this adapter is used, else it's not activated.

My goal is to use qBitTorrent * only * when VPN is active. No problem to start manually the VPN then start qBitTorrent.
But, if VPN is no more active for any reason, I want that the running qBitTorrent stopped all transaction, like if it's not started.

The first idea I saw on the Internet is to set firewall and use IP filters. I don't tried this, it's more complicated that the 2nd idea below.
And.. I saw in Advanced options in qBitTorrent "Network adapter"... Fantastic ! :)
I tried and It seems to work, but I want to be sure it's why I write here.

If I choose "Ethernet 2" (adapter for my vpn) in option, does it mean that I'm visible (for down/upload and share torrent) * only * if my vpn is active ?

Second question, if "listen of IpV6" is not checked (it's the default), no IP6 is used (and visible) on any adapter ?

Thank you for read :)
ciaobaby

Re: Vpn Adapter and security

Post by ciaobaby »

PhIV

Post by PhIV »

Thx for the link.

So it's the good option never to give my public IP4 (and IP6?) inside transactions of torrents, only the IP through vpn.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Completely up to you, I have a static IP and don't bother with such things.
Last edited by ciaobaby on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.