How to desactivate "0c7bc08" folder in naming like c:\temp\0c7bc08\filename ???

Windows specific questions, problems.
Jojo78

How to desactivate "0c7bc08" folder in naming like c:\temp\0c7bc08\filename ???

Post by Jojo78 »

Hello, I have a simple question:
by default uTorrent use c:\temp\filename

qBittorrent used to do that too but recently it seems it switched to c:\temp\0c7bc08\filename introducing a 7digits folder in between. I guess it was done to avoid conflict between 2 torrents using the same foldername, but this behavior is annoying to me as I use both uTorrent & qBittorrent on two differents SDD due to space limitation on laptop & it prevents me from easily resuming files between uTorrent & qBittorrent. (I mean I can resume using the incoming folder instead of my temp folder but each time I move files I must delete all these 7digits folders, so I'd rather have qBittorrent not create them at all)

How can I desactivate the creation of this automatic inbetween folder so that qBittorrent uses plainly c:\temp\filename & so that I can simply copy paste my incomplete temp folder/files from uTorrent to qBittorrent & vice versa ?

Edit: As I am here, I also wanted to say that the current qBittorrent version as a bug: sometimes files disappear from the download list  & for whatever reason they sometime re-appear later. I experienced this bug several times. I noticed it as the file was tied to a category which I deleted as it was empty & the whole category with the file in it suddenly re-appeared.
Last edited by Jojo78 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to desactivate "0c7bc08" folder in naming like c:\temp\0c7bc08\filename ???

Post by Peter »

1) Please report the issue on the bugtracker. But do check with the Search function on Github, if it's been reported before.
2) NOT A SOLUTION: I would use a seed server if I were you.