Slow down after reach limit

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
randomofamber

Slow down after reach limit

Post by randomofamber »

Currently the user can manually set the upload limit speed on each torrent. It would be nice if qBittorent did it automatically when some limit (ratio or time) was reached.

It would be nice to make setting like in uTorrent.
After a torrent reach limit (eg. raito limit), qBittorent will set upload limit (presets by user) on the torrent automatically.

I'ts very useful. For example after a torrent reach limit 200% ratio, the qBittorent set upload speed to XYkbps (eg. 100kbps) on the torrent... It will allow still upload the torrent, but not at full speed and allow to upload other torrents with faster(unlimited) speed.

If all torrents reach 200% ratio, all torrents will be limited to XYkbps (eg. 100kbps). It will reduce upload data, but still allow upload to Internet and prolong time to reach interent provider FUP limit...
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Slow down after reach limit

Post by Peter »

Hmmm not a bad idea per se, although I fail to see (off the bat) how this could be implemented easily, without adding too much complexity. Both in the background and on the interface. But, devs might just see an easy way to do it.

Please, post it on the Github tracker: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/new
You can tag it as "Feature request", of course, as it is one.
randomofamber

Re: Slow down after reach limit

Post by randomofamber »

Peter wrote:Please, post it on the Github tracker: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/new
You can tag it as "Feature request", of course, as it is one.
I acted faster then read 1st post... After I made new topic here, I read "Please read - qBittorrent feature requests", so I add new issue with "[Wishlist]" in title. According your reply I add "[Feature request]" to title of issue... You can see "[Wishlist][Feature request] Auto upload limit after reach ratio #11415"
Peter wrote:...how this could be implemented easily...
Now, qBittorrent can after reaching ratio limit pause or delete the torrent, so function for "do something after" exist. So now they "only" have to program "set upload limit".

p.s.: I am programmer and I know that some "simple looking task" can change to nightmare and in opposite of it some "impossibly looking task" will be done in "an hour"... Now, I can only hope, devs will think it is easy, task will be simple in real and devs will complete the function as soon as possible.