qbittorrent-nox, difference between portable vs setting profile dir?

Linux specific questions, problems.
ranch

qbittorrent-nox, difference between portable vs setting profile dir?

Post by ranch »

Hi,

I was wondering what the differences are running qbittorrent-nox in portable mode versus just setting --profile=, --daemon, and --relative-fastresume?

Also, shouldn't --relative-fastresume be implied if --profile= is used?
ranch

Re: qbittorrent-nox, difference between portable vs setting profile dir?

Post by ranch »

So after 3 months, nobody can answer this?
Qbites

Post by Qbites »

ranch wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:56 pm So after 3 months, nobody can answer this?
I can not answer your question but i agree with this comment.
Unfortunately, this place is not very active :(
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Well, this is a super in-depth question and we do have a few devs reply here - but even they don't know all the answers. qBittorrent has grown into quite the mega project through all these years, so I don't blame them. we can only hope that one day a dev that knows the answer will come around and post it.
ranch

Post by ranch »

paxtonleiny wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:39 am This is a really deep question, and a few developers have answered it, but they don't have all the answers. Over the years, qBittorrent has become a serious undertaking, so I can't say I blame them. We can only keep our fingers crossed that someday a programmer will come along and share the solution. drift boss
What did you do, copy & paste Peter's reply into ChatGPT and ask it to reword it?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

ranch wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:36 pm
paxtonleiny wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:39 am This is a really deep question, and a few developers have answered it, but they don't have all the answers. Over the years, qBittorrent has become a serious undertaking, so I can't say I blame them. We can only keep our fingers crossed that someday a programmer will come along and share the solution. drift boss
What did you do, copy & paste Peter's reply into ChatGPT and ask it to reword it?
Could have been lol. Guess it's a new-wave. I've seen their replies in other topics, it was all sus.