Binding VPN, Network Interface is all wonky

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
predatorywasp

Binding VPN, Network Interface is all wonky

Post by predatorywasp »

I'm trying to bind my VPN to qBittorrent, but this is what shows up on the Network Interface menu - looks wildly different than it does in the tutorial videos I've seen.
without vpn running
without vpn.png
without vpn.png (739.67 KiB) Viewed 1926 times
with vpn running
w vpn.png
w vpn.png (769.63 KiB) Viewed 1926 times
I'm on Mac Ventura 13.3.1. How do I bind my VPN, and why does the menu look like this? Thanks :)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Binding VPN, Network Interface is all wonky

Post by Peter »

1) The list depends on your OS. I don't know why OS X lists so many interfaces.
2) You have to use a technology that uses it's own interface in your VPN software. For example, OpenVPN. Then, a new interface will show up, for the OpenVPN connection which you can bind to. Not every VPN technology uses a separate interface.
NAVEEZEAL

Post by NAVEEZEAL »

Hello Peter...I am have the same issue. So would you recommend getting another VPN instead of SurfShark? Thanks and Happy New Year! :)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

NAVEEZEAL wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:15 am Hello Peter...I am have the same issue. So would you recommend getting another VPN instead of SurfShark? Thanks and Happy New Year! :)
Maybe SurfShark can do this too, just look in the app settings. You can usually switch protocol in the program. Try switching around them until you find one that shows up in qBittorrent.

See: https://surfshark.com/features/surfshark-vpn-protocols

Good luck!