quitrent won't run (without strange UI lock password)

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Samoth

quitrent won't run (without strange UI lock password)

Post by Samoth »

Hi all,
qBittorrent 3.1.12 refuses to run and keeps asking me for a UI lock password. I don't even know what that is and certainly didn't set it up. Deleting and re-installing quitrent didn't help as it still wants the password. Apparently it really has something in mind as it doesn't work to just leave the box blank or type in some random letters. How do I get rid of this? I'm using a new laptop and it used to work just fine for years on my old one. I'm using a MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.10.3.
Please help!!!
Thx,
Thomas
Samoth

Re: quitrent won't run (without strange UI lock password)

Post by Samoth »

Well, the issue described in the linked thread is exactly my problem too. However, I don't run Windows 7 or Linux. I'm using Mac OS X 10.10.3. Does anybody know how to fix this on a Mac without extensive use of the Terminal?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Answered your question there.
Samoth

Post by Samoth »

:)OK, I deleted qBT and all associated files and reinstalled it from scratch. Now it's up and running again. However I have a new issue now as its search function doesn't work. I started a new thread describing the new problem. Thanks!
ManNamedDan

Post by ManNamedDan »

I hope you are still around as it has been awhile since the last post. The link posted directs me to... Open the preference file with a text editor. Where do I find the text editor and how do I open the preference file with it? I use TextEdit which I'm fairly certain is not a text editor. I am on a Mac Powerbook OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite and using the latest version of qBittorent.