How to avoid duplicate downloading?

Other platforms, generic questions.
ioconnor

How to avoid duplicate downloading?

Post by ioconnor »

I had been using Transmission for the longest time but this morning I set an advanced option and am stuck in an endless loop and locks up GTK. Rather than fiddle around with a Transmission options file I installed qBittorrent...

I set qBittorrent to automatically download torrent files added to a particular watched directory. And download to that same directory. To my surprise the files already downloaded in that directory from Transmission get written over with a fresh download. The QA section of the qBittorrent help page mentions it's possible to import existing torrents with the "Skip the data checking stage and start seeding immediately" option. However, this is not, apparently, an option when I move the torrent file to the monitored directory. What's the best way to move the torrent files to that directory without manually using the "Torrent Import" dialog?
ioconnor

Re: How to avoid duplicate downloading?

Post by ioconnor »

I just noticed it appears the torrent file is moved to the parent directory upon completion?
ciaobaby

Re: How to avoid duplicate downloading?

Post by ciaobaby »

There is a thread about this somewhere;

However, put the payloads in the "active" (3.3.x)  location  or the "completed" (3.2.x) location, set qbt to NOT automatically start on loading, Put all your metadata files in an "watch" folder without "download here" being set, then run a couple of rechecks to make sure that the payloads are being found and they match the metadata., if they you should be able to start the tasks and they will automatically run a check then start where they left off.

edited 'cause I got my versions wrong way about.
Last edited by ciaobaby on Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.