Author Topic: Hello Hello Forum  (Read 1767 times)

BitTwiddler

• View Profile
Hello Hello Forum
« on: October 31, 2013, 09:05:29 am »
Hello I am Chase, or rather BitTwiddler, since I stopped trying to use my more common nickname on forums awhile ago.

I have been around the block a few times with Torrent program. Name a torrent program and I have tried it. Recently (like the last year) I have been rather desperate however, since uTorrent 2.0 was starting to show its age, and moving up to whatever current version of it was Unacceptable.

So I went around and tried every torrent program I could find. Transmission, Tixati, Vuze, BitLord, BitTornado, BitTorrent (rebranded uTorrent), Deluge, FDM (I use this for normal downloads already), and a few others I don't remember. Apparently somehow this nice little program slipped through the net. I might have just looked at it and discarded it without trying it (sorry!).

But now I am using it and I am liking it. I am transitioning from a few month period using Vuze. I had to disable about 90% of its options to get it where I liked it. Before that I was using Tixati for awhile (months), and before that I had been using uTorrent (years), and before that.... well... uhm, I think it was Shareaza, but that ship has sailed.

I like the minimalist feel of qBittorrent and I am sorry I didn't try it sooner.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:21:11 am by BitTwiddler »

zeomal

Re: Hello Hello Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 12:06:33 pm »
Welcome!

ironcross

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Mein Land - Call Of Duty Servers
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 10:41:02 pm »
@BitTwiddler, welcome!
We will try to make you transitioning period from Vuze or other torrent-clients easier.

Nemo

• qBittorrent Forum
  • Administrator
  • Forum addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 06:58:52 pm »
Welcome :), have a great time using qBittorrent and browsing our forum.
Forum Rules and Guidelines

Forum Admin.
Dutch & Turkish Translator.