Author Topic: Bug in setting default application for magnet links  (Read 994 times)

4chan

• View Profile
Bug in setting default application for magnet links
« on: November 16, 2014, 07:25:26 am »
Hi all,

I recently found there's a problem with qbittorrent setting the default application for magnet links. It started when I couldn't open magnet links with Chromium, and the Local State fix didn't work. I had switched to Firefox which directly opens the magnet link through qbittorrent, but I've reinstalled Chromium because I need to use a Chrome-based browser for Google Inbox. I stumbled upon this website (http://www.roflcopteralert.com/getting-magnet-links-to-work-with-utorrent-when-using-chrome-fixed/) and it suggested to check the path for default magnet link applications. I opened up regedit, and there was the problem: the default path is set to "C:/Program Files (x86)/qBittorrent/qbittorrent.exe" "%1". They should be backslashes instead of forward slashes, which doesn’t allow me to open qbittorrent.

If I set it correctly, qbittorrent will keep complaining how it’s not set as default, when technically it is, it just doesn’t know. Not sure how to fix this, but shouldn’t be hard.

Thanks in advanced.

sledgehammer_999

• qBittorrent maintainer
  • Administrator
  • Forum addict
    • View Profile
Re: Bug in setting default application for magnet links
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 10:49:32 am »
This is fixed in v3.1.11. Update to that.