Author Topic: Certain 100% complete torrents randomly showed up as incomplete, won't recheck  (Read 965 times)

Agent24

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I've been using qBittorrent for a few years now and have had my share of bugs, most of which I have been able to fix with a reinstall or upgrade. However I have one now which has me completely stumped. I am currently running 3.2.3.

At some point during operation, a handful of my torrents (which had been complete for weeks\months) suddenly became incomplete I don't recall exactly when this happened or if there was an associated crash or not, however. A couple of them report 0% done or partially done (one is 98.6% for example). What I have done so far to remedy the situation is as follows:

* I immediately checked the associated files but found that all files considered by qBittorrent to be either 0% or partial are in fact  A) still existing and B) are uncorrupted.
* I ran a re-check on the files in qBittorrent which changed nothing. The files are still OK, can be used in Windows, but report missing\incomplete in qBittorrent.
* I also tried removing and re-adding the affected torrents which also made no difference.
* I tried removing the torrent, then adding the torrent to a new location, closing qBittorrent, copying the finished data over the top of the new download, reopening qBittorrent and re-checking, also to no avail.
* I got desperate and tried moving the resume files, session files etc from qBittorrent data directory, starting and re-checking again. This also made no difference, except to add a new problem in that qBittorrent will no longer shut down properly (GUI exits, but process keeps running)
* Put the files back, still the same problem.
* Reinstalled, still same problem.

Can anyone help?

ciaobaby

  • Forum addict
  • ****
  • Posts: 2771
  • Karma: +98/-25
  • No quarter asked... No quarter given.
    • View Profile
    • WMTeu
A: Something is modifying the files

OR

B: A drive is not connected.
Smarter than the av-er-age bear, Boo Boo.

http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,3084.0.html

Agent24

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
You are right, it seems the problem has mostly been my own fault. With nothing else to think of I let the incomplete torrents restart and re-download the 'bad' files.
Turns out those partially incomplete torrents were in fact changed although I had not realised this - there were some images I had rotated with Windows photo viewer and they were of course not corrupted or anything, but were changed.

After leaving qBittorrent running for a little while, the process does eventually quit, too. Maybe it was doing this before and I just didn't notice. I don't normally quit and restart it quickly.

There is still one torrent which shows 0% for all files and I do not understand why yet. AFAIK I did not change any of them at all, but I suppose it's entirely possible I did also and have forgotten! I will re-download this and compare the files I re-download and the 0% copy and see what has changed.

Apologies for thinking this was a bug in qBittorrent, it was doing its job perfectly fine. :)