Author Topic: Change any default settings?  (Read 3308 times)

Nemo

• qBittorrent Forum
  • Administrator
  • Forum addict
    • View Profile
Change any default settings?
« on: July 25, 2010, 02:18:25 pm »
Hi there :),

I had a question about my settings and connection speed. I can max out my downloadspeed at around 1.8MB/s and upload max at 110KB/s +- , im using the default settings at the moment which (I guess) works fine but I was thinking do I need to change or optimize any settings for my connection?

Global connectionlimit -> 500
Connectionlimit per torrent -> 125 (changed to 125, used Azureus settings calculator: http://infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html).

Regards.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by Guest »
Forum Rules and Guidelines

Forum Admin.
Dutch & Turkish Translator.

Nemo

• qBittorrent Forum
  • Administrator
  • Forum addict
    • View Profile
Re: [WIN] Change any default settings?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 08:56:24 pm »
Well after some tests that I have done I put it at 125 connections per torrent. Too high or too low have negative effects at the speed so I stay around 100-125. I didn't noticed any bugs or glitches since 2 days I started to use this client, all works good  8-) ! Using v2.3.0rc9 Windows version.

Regards.
Forum Rules and Guidelines

Forum Admin.
Dutch & Turkish Translator.

ironcross

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Mein Land - Call Of Duty Servers
Re: Change any default settings?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 06:56:00 pm »
With the default settings my poor modem just stops to work - too many connections.
My down speed is about 1.1MB/s and the up speed is about 110KB/s. I changed the settings as follows:
  • Global max. number of connections: 50
  • Max. number of connections per torrent: 10
  • Max. number of upload slots per torrent: 4
  • Speed - up and down: unlimited
  • Protocol encryption: enabled; if you choose "forced" will be more secure, but it's hard to connect with peers.
  • Max. number of half-opened connections: 10
  • Resolve peer host names: activated; it's not related with the speed, just a cool option and i prefer to see names instead of IP.
With these settings my download and upload is always at max. speed all the time, there's no stops, and i can browse the internet at the same time. I'm running qBittorrent on Win 7 Pro N.