Author Topic: Issue with "Resume All" in tray icon  (Read 967 times)

Agret

• View Profile
Issue with "Resume All" in tray icon
« on: May 10, 2016, 01:55:47 pm »
So I use qBittorent for downloading some torrents. Once they are finished they become seeding, after I reach my seed goal I right click and press Pause. The torrent is correctly changed from Seeding to "Completed" status.
This is great, torrent is done & completed. I just leave it in qBittorrent because the label system makes it easy to organize what is what and I can sort by date added/completed to find my torrents quickly. It also prevents adding duplicate torrents later by accident.

Now the issue is with the tray icon behaviour. If i'm about to play a game and need the majority of my upload for hosting the game but want one torrent to keep downloading so I can use it after the game I right click the tray icon, press pause all torrents and then double click it to open the UI. I then set an upload rate cap by clicking it in the bottom right and entering my kb/s. I right click the torrent I want to keep going and hit force resume. It's downloading.

After I finish playing my game I open the UI and change my upload limit back to what it used to be, I right click the tray icon and press resume all.

Suddenly all of my previously completed torrents are now back to seeding status and I have 500 torrents seeding. Ahhhh. This is clearly not what is supposed to happen.

Please fix this so that torrents that were completed when you press pause all stay completed when you resume all. This is ridiculous having to go through and work out which ones have reached my seed goal and manually pause them again every time I use the pause/resume feature =/

Currently I have to do a clunky work around of sorting my list by current download/seed status then moving all my download/seeds to one label called "Resume" then pause them all manually and when i'm done resume them all then go through and change the label for every single one of them to what it should be.

I just found this thread https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topic=3909.0 where the admin misunderstood the suggestion request. Pause should continue to work as it currently does (nobody wants a connected torrent with capped rates to 0 bytes) but having another disable/stop feature where it's excluded from the 'resume all' makes sense to me (even just internally stored variable, not visible to user but flipped when doing a pause all/resume all so it remembers which ones were previously paused). Completed/stopped torrents should also have a different icon, it's weird to see torrents as "Completed" but have the paused icon still.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:15:36 pm by Agret »

KitKat

• Veteran
  • Here i stand with my bayonet...
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with "Resume All" in tray icon
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 04:08:22 pm »
The all in resume all means ALL.

In your example i actually understand what you want + need and i agree it would be helpful.
You basically want a quick-to-get to option that lets you stop-start torrents in the downloading category correct?

Without opening the UI i dont believe this is possible atm, what i do for the same thing (no labels needed) is open the downloading tab of qbittorent (left pane, click the thing that says downloading) then press ctrl+A > right click > pause/resume.

I wouldnt mind a button in the startbar that lets me do the same.

This is the support forum for halp.
If you want to post suggestions please use the github issue tracker.
Alot of the contributors there likely dont look at the support forums.
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
The following BBC is not allowed within your signature: html, img, php.

Agret

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 09:06:26 am »
You basically want a quick-to-get to option that lets you stop-start torrents in the downloading category correct?
Yeah downloading & seeding categories, basically any torrent that is currently not in the 'stopped/completed' states should be paused and then later resumed and keep its previous state (i.e. Forced Download, Forced Seed).

Thanks for the github tracker suggestion, i'll post it there in a bit. Resume all wouldn't be so bad if it just ignored the torrents that are in the completed state but currently if you pause all then it will change all your seeding torrents to 'completed' state because there is no distinction between paused&stopped in qBittorrent =/
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:07:58 am by Agret »

KitKat

• Veteran
  • Here i stand with my bayonet...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 06:31:13 pm »
Ignorring completed state torrents is a great idea for this.
I personally dont use this button i just select all under downloading and hit right click > start.
The following BBC is not allowed within your signature: html, img, php.