Author Topic: qbittorrent not working.  (Read 5164 times)

tmac

• View Profile
qbittorrent not working.
« on: October 19, 2016, 07:23:05 PM »
Good afternoon,
I am using a mac book pro about 4 years old, updated to MAC OS Sierra version 10.12.  a week ago.  Qbittorrent will open but when I try a search all that returns is 4 or 5 items from MININOVA.org. I have checked the forum several times over the past week for anyone else with the same issue but find nothing I understand at least.  I have deleted the previous version of qbittorrent and reinstalled the save version 3.3.6. Same issue. any help out there?
thanks
tom

zoltansn

• View Profile
Re: qbittorrent not working.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 03:40:53 PM »
I am having the same issue. Would you mind changing the topic to something like "v3.3.6 client on Sierra only searches mininova" otherwise nobody will ever look at it.  ;)

cwgone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 02:07:08 AM »
Same here. Exact same issues. Started within this past week. No search comes up except a very few from mininova. Just a yellow No Direct Connections and that yellow indicator light. I'm on osx el capitan 10.11.06.

Something has changed and I can't for the life of me figure it out!  >:(

Peter

• Administrator
  • Forum addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 06:22:31 PM »
If you run the application from the Terminal, do you see any output?
Do you have anything in the "Execution Log"?
- qBittorrent team - server and forum administrator.
- Hungarian translation reviewer/moderator (+ translator).

Join the official qBittorrent Discord!
https://discord.gg/ma66Vv4

cwgone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 10:12:53 PM »
HI Peter, the program opens from the terminal but there seems to be no activity. I'm not sure how to view an "execution log". Can you help direct me?

Peter

• Administrator
  • Forum addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 06:52:44 PM »
Press "View" on the top.
"Log" -> "Show"

A new tab will appear on the top, which you can simply click from now on.
It contains pretty much every valuable information.

Enable the Log, restart your qBittorrent, and then please, share the log's content with us.
Make sure to remove all personal data from it (such as your IP, the trackers you use, etc.)
If you don't know how to do that, just send me the log in a "Private Message" here on the forum, I will remove them and post the log here for the others to see.

cwgone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 11:28:17 PM »
Update: I just upgraded my plugins and it seems one (and only one) of them "extratorrent" was updated and installed- NOW i'm getting search results from this torrent (but only from extratorrent). Perhaps all my plugins are simply not operational anymore?

Aside from the wiki site that is linked in qbittorrents that send you to unofficial plug-ins, where do people get their plugins???

Thanks!

swamibansi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 04:29:28 AM »
I have the same issue. v3.3.6 on Sierra.... search results only come from mininova and a few from legittorrents. That's it. I've also updated Python and even ActiveTCL, whatever that does. I've trashed and reinstalled qbittorrent. I've played with connection settings. I'm at a loss of what to do to fix this.

It does download manually, and it does return results from mininova and legittorrents, so the connection itself seems good.

Okay, I also just updated all the plugins -- three of them updated, and now extratorrent shows search results as well, just as csgone posted above. Does this mean the other plugins just need to create an update for Sierra compatibility??

cwgone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 01:00:36 AM »
Seems I had an update request #.3.10 on my imac) and yet again NO searches come up except from mininova (again like last time 0 see above post). And like last time I made sure all my plugins were updated (last time the fix seemed to have been one plug-in Extratorrent needed updating and my searches again resumed).

This time- none needed updating and still no searches are being found.

When I did an execution log these were highlighted in orange (but I'm not sure if these are significant):

19/12/2016 9:17 PM - Couldn't decode favicon for URL 'http://glotorrents.pw/favicon.ico'. Trying to download favicon in PNG format.
19/12/2016 9:17 PM - Couldn't download favicon for URL 'http://openbittorrent.com/favicon.ico'. Reason: The remote content was not found at the server (404)
19/12/2016 9:17 PM - Couldn't decode favicon for URL 'http://glotorrents.pw/favicon.png'.

Any ideas???

Peter

• Administrator
  • Forum addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 09:34:34 AM »
Nope, that's nothing.
And you can reach these sites by hand? Do they work?

(Sorry I really am just trying to guess what might cause the problem.)

Are you on a VPN? Proxy? Disable those, check without.
Uhm... try to change DNS provider, to OpenDNS or Google DNS.