Author Topic: No trackers  (Read 986 times)

funkynaim

• View Profile
No trackers
« on: March 12, 2017, 09:43:57 PM »
Hello folks.

I don't think this is an issue with QBittorent as I tried other aps with the same issue.

It never used to be an issue everything worked fine but recently QBittorent shows no trackers, therefore search fails.

If I manually add a magnet link, 99% of the time it will show like 3 seeds even though the website says it has 100 etc.

Something is wrong but I am not sure where to begin as I have not changed anything in my settings, can ISPs limit this?

Switeck

• Forum addict
    • View Profile
Re: No trackers
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 04:21:55 AM »
Did the magnet links include working trackers, or are you finding these 3 seeds strictly by DHT (and later PEX)?

funkynaim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 03:52:53 PM »
Um, to be clear the actual app with its in built search is showing no trackers

funkynaim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 05:42:27 PM »
OK lots more fiddling today.

So heres what I have found. I am using virgin media as an ISP, when I do a search connected to that network, nothing occurs in the search, just cannot find anything, I thought this was to do with trackers but perhaps not?

If I do a search when its connected to my 4g network then plenty of results are returned, therefore can I assume that virgin is somehow preventing these searches and disrupting trackers?

Switeck

• Forum addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 12:24:59 AM »
About Virgin Media Cable ISP in the UK... quite a few years back (2008) they spent a lot of money to be able to deep packet inspect, throttle, mangle, block, and potentially impersonate customer traffic:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/16/virgin_bittorrent?page=2
Yet Berkett was clear yesterday that application-based restrictions would form part of a broader strategy to "monetise the intelligence" in the Virgin Media network.
the firm intends to lead the ISP industry in new network services that exploit customer data.