Author Topic: Losing connection/trackers after VPN reconnect  (Read 2405 times)

nanook2k3

• View Profile
Losing connection/trackers after VPN reconnect
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:16:22 PM »
Hello....I have qbittorent setup to bind to my VPN (under "advanced" and "network interface" I have my VPN selected).  Everything is fine until something happens with my VPN (it loses connection for some reason...usually over night, and only once or twice).  When this happens, all of my seeded torrents have errors with their respective trackers, and any new torrents I want to download won't connect to anything.  Restarting qbittorent doesn't fix it......the only thing that does seem to fix it is to go back into "advanced" and beneath "network interface" I pick "Optional IP address to bind to" and for some reason it has switched to "all addresses."  When I select the IP address below it and reboot qbittorent, everything is working fine again.  Is there something I can do to make this automatic, so the connection to the trackers is restored once the VPN is back online?  TIA! :)

nanook2k3

• View Profile
Re: Losing connection/trackers after VPN reconnect
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 03:10:22 PM »
This is still a problem, even after the latest update.....anyone else having this issue or know now to fix it?

Dirty Scrummer

• View Profile
Re: Losing connection/trackers after VPN reconnect
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 10:35:34 PM »
I filed a topic months ago and qBittorrent replied not their problem.

There has been article about Transmission being hacked throught the DNS binding area of their torrent program.

Yesterday, I read an article on TorrentFreak, the same is happening with BitTorrent and uTorrent.

There is a programming flaw in the DNS binding (Network Interface) where hackers (crackers) can break into all three clients.

I am wondering if this has been happening to qBittorrent for the last several months.