Author Topic: how to exclude files when creating torrent  (Read 588 times)

fischerdf

• View Profile
how to exclude files when creating torrent
« on: November 08, 2018, 06:06:31 am »
Hello,

I've just started using qBittorent & have a question. How do I exclude certain files when I select a folder, when I create  a torrent? I don't see any option to do this. I have tried selecting a file instead, but selecting a second file merely replaces the original rather than adding to it.

My goal is to select just the mp3 files in my folder & to exclude any .rtf or .txt files

I am running Win 10, QBT V 4.13

Can someone help with this?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:08:47 am by fischerdf »

mike20021969

• View Profile
Re: how to exclude files when creating torrent
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:31:50 am »
How do I exclude certain files when I select a folder, when I create  a torrent? I don't see any option to do this. I have tried selecting a file instead, but selecting a second file merely replaces the original rather than adding to it.

My goal is to select just the mp3 files in my folder & to exclude any .rtf or .txt files

Interesting. I can't figure out how to do that either.

A workaround would be temporarily moving the unwanted files out of the folder first.
Then add folder to create the torrent. Once done, put the moved files back in.

fischerdf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 12:36:30 am »
Yes, that's what I've done but it's a bit time-consuming. Sometimes I also accidentally have a leftover .ini or .db file from Win XP & I can't delete it or the torrent will end up 99%. Well, I'll have to search a bit more or try another just to create torrents. QBT is fast in most ways so I don't want to give up entirely.

Raiz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 04:18:01 am »
Were you able to figure out an alternative? I have to create some torrents where moving the files is simply not feasible

ostaxin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 11:49:12 pm »
In Win10 set the file/folder properties to hidden and qb won't add it to torrent.

Would be a good idea to add that info to the Torrent Creator window.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 11:51:13 pm by ostaxin »

augustaliliana

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 07:54:35 am »
Thanks for the discussion but still not able to do so. However, if you get any technical issues with your gadget then Best Buy Total Tech Support and find the utmost help any time you require. In fact, you can contact at Geek Squad Tech Support number +1(888)383-7303 through easiest medium.