Author Topic: What is the Proper way to relocate a file/folder in QBittorrent?  (Read 817 times)

Soundman192

• View Profile
I'm a noobie to QBT, coming from uTorrent.  It was very easy to relocate a Folder then "Set the Location", Recheck and you were good to go.

I have been playing with QBT, needing to relocate folders to new drives and in doing so, I can't quite figure out what QBT is doing.  When I use the "Set Location" function, it wants to create a new file ext: .!qB which is preallocated, and rather than be ready to seed, it wants to re-download, the good file is in the directory as well.  If I pause the torrent.  Delete the .!qB file the Set Location created, and rename the good file with the added extension of .!qB then Recheck, everything is good.  But this is a lot of messing around.

What am I missing, it should not be this hard, or this many steps.

So what is the correct way to get QBittorrent back to seeding a folder/file after it has been moved?  What I have found in forum makes no mention of this .!qB file so what do I have setup wrong or what has changed that requires all this  messing around to avoid re-downloading every folder/file I move?

SM

Cholliwog

• View Profile
Re: What is the Proper way to relocate a file/folder in QBittorrent?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 01:57:05 AM »
1) The right way to relocate a torrent [in qBittorrent] is by selecting the torrent in qBittorrent, right-clicking, and selecting 'set location'. It'll move it and continue managing with no more input required.

2)Assuming you relocated using windows, 1+recheck should work.

3)If 2 didn't work because of .!qB related problems, you can try
A)Disabling .!qB in options (signifying incomplete download) or
B)
  • Copy the torrent file to the desktop,
  • In qBittorrent select--> context menu--> delete torrent only
  • Move content to default location
  • Open the saved torrent, making sure to select 'recheck'. Hopefully you should be good to go.

P.S. Depending on your reasons on moving the torrent, you may prefer to use built-in options like torrent categorization, or relocating all torrents upon completion.

Edit:B appears to be irrelevant as your method achieves the same end, and is confirmed to work (by you).
If I pause the torrent.  Delete the .!qB file the Set Location created, and rename the good file with the added extension of .!qB then Recheck, everything is good.  But this is a lot of messing around.
SM
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 02:34:28 AM by Cholliwog »