Author Topic: [SOLVED] cant start qbittorent on raspberry pi 3  (Read 117 times)

ekaunt

• View Profile
[SOLVED] cant start qbittorent on raspberry pi 3
« on: March 04, 2019, 05:34:37 PM »
qbittorrent-nox works just fine for me, the problem is that normal qbittorrent doesnt want to start up. I'm running the raspberry pi headless, so i open it through ssh.

when i use `ssh -X [email protected]` and then open up qbittorrent i get the error
`Qt: XKEYBOARD extension not present on the X server.`

when i use `ssh -Y [email protected]` and then open up qbittorrent i get the error
`libEGL warning: DRI3: failed to query the version
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate`

i already googled both errors endlessly with no solutions working (like https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/61078/qt-applications-dont-work-due-to-libegl)

any help?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 04:10:55 PM by ekaunt »

ekaunt

• View Profile
Re: cant start qbittorent on raspberry pi 3
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 04:10:01 PM »
i was able to get it to work by doing
Code: [Select]
sudo apt install libtorrent19 libtorrent-dev libtorrent-rasterbar9 libtorrent-rasterbar-dbg libtorrent-rasterbar-dev libtorrent-rasterbar-docbasically, i just installed every package that starts with libtorrent, and that made it work.

EDIT: i actually figured it out this time. i dont even know if it was the previous command that solved it. what really solved it for me was turning off qbittorrent-nox. running
ssh -X opened it up nicely, but doesnt show the tray icon.
ssh -Y doesnt opens it with the tray icon, but the icons arent sized right. turning qbittorent-nox back on made it so that i cant open up qbittorrent again. so that was the culprit.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 06:37:28 PM by ekaunt »