Author Topic: Doubts about the temporary folder  (Read 59 times)

Robertomcat

• View Profile
Doubts about the temporary folder
« on: April 15, 2019, 03:32:13 PM »
Hello good day.

I do not know if it will be a problem or it is its natural functioning, but I mention it.

I have the qb installed on a Windows Server 2016, Windows is installed on a RAID1 SSD 2X250GB, I use the temporary folder (SSD 2x250GB SSD RAID0) to download the files there first, and then automatically pass them to their destination (8X10TB RAID5).

When it starts to download 1 file in the temporary folder, the active torrents (active 20 or 30) are collapsed, and the upload speed stops. The download starts consuming the entire bandwidth, but from the middle of the file, the speed is reduced to almost half the bandwidth.

Once you have downloaded the file to the temporary folder, it takes approximately 30 seconds (sometimes it is instantaneous) to start the transfer from the temporary folder to your destination.

Do any of you know what this behavior is due to?

Thank you.

Switeck

• Forum addict
    • View Profile
Re: Doubts about the temporary folder
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 06:52:08 AM »
Possibly bufferbloat (when high DL speeds cause UL speeds to drop) and/or disk I/O overload (when copying from SSDs to to HDDs.)

Robertomcat

• View Profile
Re: Doubts about the temporary folder
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 10:02:16 AM »
Well yes, it can be an excess load. I'll be checking to see how it evolves with load and no load. Thank you!