Author Topic: Feature Request: Download a chosen range of packets (PLEASE!)  (Read 216 times)

Subham

• View Profile
Feature Request: Download a chosen range of packets (PLEASE!)
« on: August 04, 2019, 10:45:28 PM »
Many of us are from third-world countries, poor countries, developing countries,etc where unlimited internet is a luxury. We cant always afford huge data-packs that our ISPs offer. Its needed that we break a huge download, say ~30GB, into several parts so several people can download those parts of it in much lesser time. And those partial downloads can be, without error, be combined on any one system, and completed.
Third party apps already exist that combine split files (like FFSJ), and some that specifically combine partially downloaded torrents.

And dont worry over the fact that this simple feature will become obsolete soon, or wont get used by many.. because it will be worth all our time while it exists. Me and my friends especially. So please..     :|

XD

rafall93123

• View Profile
Re: Feature Request: Download a chosen range of packets (PLEASE!)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 05:49:34 PM »
You taking about something like lan peer but without lan? for example. You download first 10% about of data and your friends random data 30%. Hi's bring data on pendrive and program scan pendrive location and download the date to your's drive or better synchronization yours data?

Subham

• View Profile
Re: Feature Request: Download a chosen range of packets (PLEASE!)
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 03:36:35 AM »
No i dont mean synchronization. Most people from many developing countries can still not afford 10 mbps lans or 4g mobile connections. So please dont talk about what speedy lan you have. What I requested, is to be able to choose a range of packets from the whole file. So others in my group can all share the burden. You are talking about combining lan and hotspot. I am talking about using much more than 2 hotspots for the same download. So we dont need workarounds buddy. Consider this: a file is 80GB. Then at the network speed of 1 mbps, it will take me 9 hours. But actually it will take me 80 days just because the company allows a daily 1GB quota. If 10 of my friends download different parts of the same file, we will do 10gb a day. which means the whole torrent will finish in just 8 days, instead of those 80. Tell me how much do you expect me to download using your idea now?