new user with a couple thoughts

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
GeekPoet

new user with a couple thoughts

Post by GeekPoet »

Greeting, I just switched over to qbittorrent just today. Overall, this is great replacement for utorrent. The setup is pretty similar so I didn't have any issues there. It was easy to find help for the couple of advance settings I was interest in. The only thing issue I had with qbittorrent is the right-click menu when you hover over a torrent in the queue. Since it's up to version 4.2.5, its very well possible my suggestions have already be dealt and decisions made so I'm out of luck. Still, I'll offer a couple suggestions. I'm not a coder so I can't make any of these changes but it's something I'd sure like have if someone was willing to take some time and modify the menu for me. Doubtful but it doesn't hurt ask.

1. Force Resume - It just doesn't make sense to me that if you have an item in "queued" status, the menu selection should read "Start" or "Force Start" and not "Force Resume" since I haven't started it yet. It's minor thing but it isn't.
2. Pause - How is the pause command used in qbittorent different from the stop and pause commands in utorrent.
3. Queue commands - I'd like to see those function on the main menu like utorrent had them rather than a submenu. I used those functions a lot.