Some suggestions/ideas for qBittorrent

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
Mith

Some suggestions/ideas for qBittorrent

Post by Mith »

Some suggestions/ideas which will make qBittorrent even more complete and more interesting for new users (in my eyes).

- Auto-update feature.
- Forced seeding plus forced super seeding, useful for private trackers so i do not loose the connection to the tracker so they will not think i hit and runned if there are no other connected to me. Also useful if you upload a torrent yourself, so the tracker keeps on seeing a seed.
- Extra encryption settings, plain or RC4 encryption.
- Extra encryption setting, allow/disallow incoming/outgoing non-encrypted connections.
- Global max/min download/upload speed settings for a torrent, so i don't have to configure it per torrent manually every time i start a new torrent.
- isoHunt search plugin (one that works).
Vladi

Re: Some suggestions/ideas for qBittorrent

Post by Vladi »

Some good suggestions.

"- Auto-update feature."
There is an update feature for win users. But please no flame, it is a first of all Linux cleint.
Because of package management it is not a relevant feature.

See: tools - options - advanced - strict super seed ;)
Mith

Post by Mith »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, i saw the strict super seeding option and enabled it, but it would be nice to know what exactly does it do / is different next to the "normal" super seeding? If i go by the name of the setting alone, it makes me believe it is not forced super seeding, rather a alternate way to super seed a torrent.
There is an update feature for win users. But please no flame, it is a first of all Linux cleint.
The update feature for Windows doesn't seem to work for me. I still have to manual update it :lol: Hopefully this will start to work in the future.

Another thing i noticed, if i setup qBittorrent to use a fixed port for torrents, and a fixed port for DHT/PeX/etc... I can see it uses the correct fixed port for DHT/PeX/etc... but for torrents it just uses random ports that are all over the place instead of the one fixed port i set up to use. It would be nice to see that correctly implemented as well.

Anyway, so far, amazing client, i love it. Keep up the good work.
Yoda_Hoser

Post by Yoda_Hoser »

I keep wishing for an option to discriminate against slow seeders...
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Thats impossible to implement Yoda. Only can be implemented on tracker-side. It's easy there though.