qBittorrent Logo Design Concept

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
sepokroce

qBittorrent Logo Design Concept

Post by sepokroce »

Hi everyone,

I have created a logo design concept for qBittorrent that I'd like to share with you.
http://www.behance.net/gallery/qBittorr ... pt/5877557

I hope you like it.

Regards,
Goce Mitevski
ironcross

Re: qBittorrent Logo Design Concept

Post by ironcross »

Q and B combination is an interesting idea. Thank you for sharing it with us. Maybe this can be useful if someday the qBittorrent author decides to change the logo.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Looks quite neat and minimal.

I'll try to combine it with the theme and see what comes out.

Oh I forgot: Can we use this logo on the forums?
Last edited by Peter on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
sepokroce

Post by sepokroce »

[quote="shiki"]
Oh I forgot: Can we use this logo on the forums?
[/quote]

Definitely. The images on Behance are a bit blurry because of the automatic downsizing, though. But there are quite a few color schemes to try out.

All graphics on Behance are currently licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial No Derivatives 3.0.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Alright, thank you. This thingie is still under discussion.
For one, I really love your design. Would fit the new theme.
On a second though, there is a rule that the design should match qB's original design.

All that crossfire.
No worries, we will work something out.

By the way you could reach out for Chris if you want to help with design stuff. Maybe we need some icons or something. :)
sepokroce

Post by sepokroce »

[quote="shiki"]
On a second though, there is a rule that the design should match qB's original design.
[/quote]

I understand. The design is radically different from the one that's used know, but the concept is in a way the same. Are there any written logo design guidelines for qBittorrent?

[quote="shiki"]
By the way you could reach out for Chris if you want to help with design stuff. Maybe we need some icons or something. :)
[/quote]

Sure. I could also help with that too. :)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I think it would be the best if you would message Chris directly via e-mail.
I mean, he knows the best what our project needs, but he is a bit too busy to check the forums this often.
sepokroce

Post by sepokroce »

[quote="shiki"]
I think it would be the best if you would message Chris directly via e-mail.
I mean, he knows the best what our project needs, but he is a bit too busy to check the forums this often.
[/quote]

Thanks. I already did.
Avelon

Post by Avelon »

Wow, I like the concept. It's even the first documentation of a logo for me. Interesting to watch and with everything needed to reproduce. Cool :)
I like the font.
What, at first sight, I don't like is that the letter 'e' gets some extra space below, like the 'q.'

The 'q' gives me the feeling of a solid structure, a beginning which is independent from the rest. It's the root where everything depends on (like Qt). What follows then is the flow of its function: speedy and reliable. The mixture between those soft hard-edges and geometry and the circles.
The letter 'e' gives me the impression of a trickling stone, but I understand that - getting the 'e' back in line - the overall appearance would otherwise be boring :D So I have no solution for that.

Even though it seems that I criticize a lot, it is not meant to rip your head off. Just the few things I've learned in life to describe art :) So it's just me, my feeling for it.

And I can't choose my favourite colour scheme! Arrr! They all look good and promising.
sepokroce

Post by sepokroce »

Thanks Avelon!

Your critic is really constructive and I appreciate it a lot. I agree about the obtrusiveness of the letter 'e'. Now that some time has passed since I first worked on the designs, I can easily notice that it definitely needs more work.

Cheers!
Goce
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Did you get a reply from Chris?
sepokroce

Post by sepokroce »

Did you get a reply from Chris?
Nope. :/
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I still see him online from time to time. I'll try to ask him about your mail... if he replies. :)
sepokroce

Post by sepokroce »

I still see him online from time to time. I'll try to ask him about your mail... if he replies. :)
sepokroce

Post by sepokroce »

Ok, I finally found some time to update the logo concept and implement Avelon's suggestions. -> http://bit.ly/SV6rkJ

The older version of the concept is available (for comparison) through my deviantART profile on: http://fav.me/d5kuzxc