Export Torrent Feature

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
quebecman

Export Torrent Feature

Post by quebecman »

Hello,

As we speak, I am testing to seed more than 3000 torrents with qbittorrent.  I am working a lot with LABELS.  Unfortunately, it lacks of TORRENT EXPORTATION.  I do understand there is a way to copy the torrents in a folder but it copies all of them.

I would like to SELECT some torrents and would have an option to TORRENT EXPORT.  More likely with a LEFT CLICK in the actual CONTEXT MENU.

Thanx. regards.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Export Torrent Feature

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

What does a "torrent export" actually do? Allows you to save the associated *.torrent file only? If yes, then you could copy it yourself. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\qBittorrent\BT_backup (path is different on Windows Vista and above). Locate each torrent file by it's infohash.

Also file bugs or feature requests here.
quebecman

Post by quebecman »

Hello sledgehammer_999,

I have attached a snapshot from another client to explain better.  Well, based on your explanation, think of even 500 different torrents LOCATED in different FOLDERS.  It's impossible to re-import and to re-ash everything.  You have to go one by one. In other terms, since I do use the LABELS, I would like to export ONLY SELECTED TORRENTS located in the specific LABELS.

Thanx. regards.  ::)
Attachments
ExportTorrents.jpg
Last edited by quebecman on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

So what does it do? It let's you select the torrent you want and when you click "Advanced->Torrent..." it let's choose a location and then it copies all the relative .torrent files to it?
quebecman

Post by quebecman »

Hello sledgehammer_999,

Exactly, I couldn't of say it better.  Sorry if my explanation are not clear, but english is not my primary language.

Thanx. regards.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Could you create an issue in the bug tracker: bugs.qbittorrent.org?
quebecman

Post by quebecman »

Hello sledgehammer_999,

The torrent export is not really an issue but more of an enhancement of this great software.  More likely, another EXCELLENT way of doing it would be to create a FOLDER on the hard drive when a new label is created and to dump the torrent in it!

Thanx. regards.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

We use the bug tracker to track feature requests too, so don't worry.