option to ban clients and users

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
SparkyFlary

option to ban clients and users

Post by SparkyFlary »

It be nice if there was an option to ban and prevent connections to people who use some torrent client, people from some country, people who don't seed enough, or upload and or download too slow, etc. I think you know what I mean. It'd be nice if qbittorent was that versatile.
SparkyFlary

Re: option to ban clients and users

Post by SparkyFlary »

Oh, and also I think it needs an option to unban the people because there currently isn't any.
sparkler

Post by sparkler »

bad idea only the tracker knows how much someones is seeding and banning people because of up/down speed is bad because 1. not everyone has cable/fiber internet 2. it will put more load on people with faster internet which is why we have p2p to distribute the load instead of getting data from a few sources and the banning clients is also bad as people could start banning less popular clients which is already a problem with private trackers but banning misbehaving clients and fakers is ok
SparkyFlary

Post by SparkyFlary »

I think I see your points, but as for banning torrent clients I still think it should be an option on qbittorrent.
If the programmers put it in then qbittorrent will be like the only one that can do it so I doubt the people will choose
to ban the good clients that are low in numbers. I think people should be able to choose what client they connecting to they trust or not since some are closed source.
sparkler

Post by sparkler »

i suppose it wouldn't hurt to try it but i would be more concern with fakers and cheating clients than closed source