RSS remember episode

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
maruseru

RSS remember episode

Post by maruseru »

I find myself having to add my tv shows in pause state because because qbittorrent adds the same episode multiple times. it would be nice to have episode detection so it doesn't downloads an episode of a show that has been downloaded already.
ciaobaby

Re: RSS remember episode

Post by ciaobaby »

because qbittorrent adds the same episode multiple times.
From the same feed?

Are the duplicates in the feed multiple times? eg: From different 'uploaders'

And what are the rules that you have set for the feed?
maruseru

Post by maruseru »

I have name of the show, episode range (from 1 to 13) and resolution, now if episode 8 for instance gets released in the same resolution twice it will download both files because it doesn't understand that I want the episode just once. I don't know if I'm explaining myself right.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Ok so the answers are:

The same feed.

Yes they are.

And ???????

I don't know if I'm explaining myself right.
That's why specific question are asked, so you can explain what is happening by simply providing the answers.
maruseru

Post by maruseru »

yes, the same feed. you guys have any way to detect episodes? I don't see it in the rss section.
I apologize for not being able to explain myself better before, I will explain the exact situation:

I was setting up my rss feed to download a show, using regex, that part is right, I set it up to detect episodes from 1 and 13 of the same feed (still haven't tried several feeds)

when episode 12 came out it detected all versions of the episode, and by all versions I mean DIMMENSION, 2HD, KILLERS etc. now, what I'm wondering is if is there a way to make qbittorrent understand that I only want episode 12 downloaded just once and ignore the other versions of that episode that come after.
Last edited by maruseru on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Just so you know, I am not ignoring you. I just don't use RSS at all and have no idea what the qbt rss reader is capable of.
Normally, Dayman has more insight on this. If he comes here he may explain these things.
maruseru

Post by maruseru »

thanks sledgehammer_999 I will follow this post and see if any solution is posted, maybe I'm missing something. I love qbittorrent and I think having an rss downloader with regular expressions is a real treat, it gives people an enormous control of what they download, but there are things that are vital for rss downloading, like getting something just once.

I know this might not be a priority at all but hey, if in the future you got a little free time and you want to make your rss perfect those would be options to consider, after all, this feature is there and almost everybody who uses it needs to handle what gets through the  filters and how many times.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

slightly offtopic our bugtracker has several things under the "rss" label. You might get an insight on what works and what doesn't.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

The RSS reader doesn't 'know' that they are 'the same' it can only go by the name in the feed and one character difference in the name means it is 'different'.

S02E12.The.Series.1080p.H264 and S02E12_The.Series.1080p.H264  ARE totally different items in the feed, so you have to write your filter regular expressions to match EXACTLY the one you want to download
maruseru

Post by maruseru »

[quote="ciaobaby"]
The RSS reader doesn't 'know' that they are 'the same' it can only go by the name in the feed and one character difference in the name means it is 'different'.

S02E12.The.Series.1080p.H264 and S02E12_The.Series.1080p.H264  ARE totally different items in the feed, so you have to write your filter regular expressions to match EXACTLY the one you want to download
[/quote]

yes I know this, what I was asking is for a way for the rss reader to skip an episode that has been downloaded already.  ^tv.*show.*S01E(0[1-9]|1[0-5]).*720p will get me exactly what I need, but it will keep downloading i as long as it detects other releases with the same regular expressions, if for example I got tvshow s01e13 720p -KILLERS I don't want more versions of the 13 episode because I already have it.

I'll check the bugtracker then, Sledge.
Last edited by maruseru on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Just so you know these 2 patches may do what you want:
1. https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/pull/800
2. https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/pull/802

They will get merged for v3.2.0 and maybe backported to 3.1.x
maruseru

Post by maruseru »

yes I was reading gelmir's patch yesterday, I will wait for 3.2.0 or 3.1.x since I don't know how to compile it for windows and I don't know if the patch ignores previous episodes and the episode that has been downloaded, still it's nice to know that other people capable of doing it care about it and that you are thinking of adding it in the future. I will wait patiently.

by the way, have you considered adding an option for using a download rule just once? the moment it matches the parameters it disables itself. it would be good for when a person wants something one time.

anyway I don't want to push it, I thank the interest that you have shown for my concert, thankyou very much (ass-kisser mode off  ;D)
Last edited by maruseru on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neipas09

Post by Neipas09 »

I believe the issue is that when RSS Downloader finds an episode to download, it doesn't mark that file as "read" in the RSS Feeds.
I have this problem all the time with TV shows.
I will get 2 downloads of the same show going but one will have [EZTV] and the other will have [VTV] at the end of the title of the torrent.
Well i don't need 2 copies of the same show released by different groups, when the file is actually made by only 1 group.
So i delete the [VTV] file from my downloads.
Only problem is, if i forget to go and click Mark Items Read under RSS Feeds, then the [VTV] file will download again.

A change needs to be made so that when RSS Downloader starts a download, it marks the item as read under the RSS Feeds.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

but one will have [EZTV] and the other will have [VTV] at the end of the title of the torrent.
YOU may know they are the same, all the client can go by is the name, ..... All of it. There only needs to be ONE character changed in the name for it to be a totally different item in the feed.
Neipas09

Post by Neipas09 »

You are absolutely correct, and i don't disagree with you.

But, the fact remains!
If you DON'T mark the item as being read in the RSS Feed after you delete it from the downloads window. It will continue trying to download it, every time the RSS Downloader checks for shows to download.

If this makes no sense, let me know and i'll add screenshots.